The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

TheOriginalTinyT
Aww, nah, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine! It's nice to have the feeling that they went well, it just acts as a bit of reassurance really. Yeahh, I think I'm pretty much in the same boat. As far as I can tell they seemed to go quite well, there were some nice questions so fingers crossed. Wouldn't like to get complacent though... :s-smilie:

:biggrin: Yeahh I bet. Hah, seems like you made a really good decision :smile:
Hahaa, yes, I was going to join that one too! The main socs I was thinking of were Dark Celluloid, Filmmaking and mayyyyyybe NUTS... not sure, will see about that one. But the first two are definites :smile: Yeahh, I love arthouse films too, I finally got round to watching Somers Town yesterday.
Have you heard about these two?
http://www.broadway.org.uk/
http://www.screenroom.co.uk/

They're two small arthouse cinemas near the heart of Nottingham. Definitely seem worth a visit I think, will probably pop in at some point.
The Screen Room is apparently the smallest cinema in the world, it only has 21 seats! How amazing is that?!
... Not that I've looked into these things too much or anything...

Yeahh, it's a wonderful little place. Heh, we're not particularly close to it though, it was a good 5 hour train journey to get down there.
I think I've been to Whitby, but when I was quite a bit younger, so I can't really remember it. I think it's quite nice though?

Ah cool, sounds like you had a brilliant time! Really good lineup as well. I've never really heard of Chase & Status, but literally yesterday somebody I know on Twitter mentioned them as well :s-smilie: Weird. Will have to check them out.
My Aunt, Uncle and cousin have been to Glasto for the last 5 years or something, and said this year was the best they've been to apparently.

Hah, I'm so excited about it, I just want to know my results so that I know for certain! I think that'll really solidify it in my mind, at the moment it all still feels a *little* bit abstract.

Quite possibly, I'll see when I get my reading list :smile:
About how many do you need in the first year? Do you need to get ALL of the ones they suggest on the reading list, or will some of them just be a bit useless?

Depends on you really. The core ones will all be used at some point. I bought them all but I'm a bit of a book hoarder. I didn't use any for my essays, just for the seminar work and required reading but I'm a fairly independant worker, I like to search out my own sources. Other people I know use a lot of their books quite extensively.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
TheOriginalTinyT

Yeah exactly :smile: haha I'm trying not to either, every time I do I end up doing a lot worse than times when I thought I did bad... weird.

Yeah I'd like to join NUTS as well as Impact magazine, but I can imagine there won't be nearly enough time to join all the socs I'd like to :/ Ah we saw Somers Town on a film trip while we were still at college, I thought it was pretty good :smile: What did you think of it?

Aw they look lovely! The closest arthouse cinema to me is in Newcastle so I haven't been very often but I'll definitely be checking those out at some point :smile: Haha it's fine to look into them XD I do it a lot but I'm trying to restrain myself and remember that I'm not definitely going to Nottingham...as much as that is an awful thought.

Oh right that is quite a way aha, meh Whitby's okayish, but if it's at all sunny it tends to be impossible to get around and enjoy, which is a bit of a shame really.

Yeah terrific line-up, I did have a good time. Haha that is weird! Yeah they're not an act I usually choose to listen to on my iPod or whatever, more for parties and going out. Wow that's dedicated! Yeah there's some years at festivals where I think the line-up just isn't worth the money so I'd have to give it a miss.

Ah I know, not long now though thankfully :smile: We're both there, I'm sure of it :P
komachi

Hah, oh yeah I know, I hate it when that happens! I always used to find that if I had two answers in mind I'd always put the correct one down first, and then scribble it out and put something else instead. So annoying.
Nah, you'll be fine I'm sure, don't think you've got anything to worry about :smile: Come September Florence Boot will be your new home!

Oh yeah, Impact Magazine would be cool. Hah, yeahh I know! I'd quite like to join the English and Phil socs as well, so.... Phhh. We'll see!
Ah cool, that's nice :smile: Yeahh, I really liked it! I'd only seen This is England by Shane Meadows before, but had wanted to see Somers Town since it was released at the cinema. It was quite understated, but I like that, and it just seemed to be a really neat and heartwarming little film. I didn't realise it was funded by Eurostar until afterwards, which I thought was quite cool.
Ooo, you did film trips? What sort of places did you go to?

I've never been to one before. I'm quite excited to pay them a visit really, intrigued to see what they're like. Aha, yeahh, I know! It's really difficult. I think it's also cause I seem to know a lot more about Nottingham than my friends do about the unis they're going to, which makes me wonder if I'm jumping the gun a bit..... but it's fiiiiine, haha! Hasn't stopped me yet.

Mmm that's true, I suppose the trouble with popular areas like that is that they become a bit of a hotspot for people when the weather's nice. Bit of a catch 22 really, you want to go to enjoy the place and see the view but can't because of all the other people wanting to do the same. Ho hum.

Ah cool :smile: I had a bit of a listen to them, they're not bad. Like you say, I wouldn't really choose to put them on my iPod I don't think, but they're perfectly listenable to. Yeahh, definitely, no point in paying money for people you're not really that interested in seeing.

Heh, everyone else seems to have gone quiet again :s-smilie:
Reply 83
Hi guys! Another fellow Florence Booter to join the thread here :biggrin:
Reply 84
Pub crawl anyone? We do need to get to know the surrounding area after all :P:
Reply 85
KrisLewis

Hiya :biggrin: What course are you doing?
Reply 86
Don't suppose anyone knows what we do about ironing clothes etc? OR is this thread completely lifeless now :frown:
Reply 87
stacy_j91
Hiya :biggrin: What course are you doing?

Mechanical engineering! How about you?!?

Results in 6 days! :eek3:
KrisLewis

Don't suppose anyone knows what we do about ironing clothes etc? OR is this thread completely lifeless now :frown:

Hey there! Welcome aboard :smile:

Do you go by the name of Kris, Lewis... or neither?

Ermmm, I thiiiink they have irons and ironing boards there, not entirely sure where though. They might be in the room with all of the washers and stuff? I don't really know. Pretty sure they're provided though.

Hah, I wouldn't say it's dead, it just comes and goes in waves :smile: I reckon it might busy up a bit after results.
How're you feeling about them?
Reply 89
TheOriginalTinyT
Hey there! Welcome aboard :smile:

Do you go by the name of Kris, Lewis... or neither?

Ermmm, I thiiiink they have irons and ironing boards there, not entirely sure where though. They might be in the room with all of the washers and stuff? I don't really know. Pretty sure they're provided though.

Hah, I wouldn't say it's dead, it just comes and goes in waves :smile: I reckon it might busy up a bit after results.
How're you feeling about them?

I tend to vary from "Oh **** I shoulda worked a bit harder" to "I'm sure I got the grades"
KrisLewis
I tend to vary from "Oh **** I shoulda worked a bit harder" to "I'm sure I got the grades"

Hahaa, yeah, I know the feeling. I just want to get results out of the way, it'll just definitely confirm it in my mind that I'm going to Notts.
I'm sure you'll be fine, no worries :smile:

Have you joined the Facebook group yet?
Reply 91
TheOriginalTinyT
Hahaa, yeah, I know the feeling. I just want to get results out of the way, it'll just definitely confirm it in my mind that I'm going to Notts.
I'm sure you'll be fine, no worries :smile:

Have you joined the Facebook group yet?

I couldn't find it? Link me?
I only found one that said last done over a year ago :s-smilie:
KrisLewis
I couldn't find it? Link me?
I only found one that said last done over a year ago :s-smilie:

It's this one just here :smile:

Again, I think it'll liven up after results day when people know they've definitely got a place.
Reply 93
Joined right up! :smile:
Reply 94
KrisLewis
Mechanical engineering! How about you?!?

Results in 6 days! :eek3:

English and Hispanic Studies!!
I know it has come round so quickly, can't believe this time next week I will know where I'm off to!!
Reply 95
stacy_j91
English and Hispanic Studies!!
I know it has come round so quickly, can't believe this time next week I will know where I'm off to!!

Yeah, you gunna look on track before you get your results?
Reply 96
KrisLewis
Yeah, you gunna look on track before you get your results?

Yeah...is it from 6am do you know?
Reply 97
stacy_j91
Yeah...is it from 6am do you know?

Yeah should be, apparently it can take untill 12 though :confused:
Reply 98
I just got a warning + banned from my own thread for calling a guy a dic khead... When he said exactly the same to me and got bugger all for it...
Hey guys! another Florence Booter here! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending