The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well i don't know about my June exams, but my school didn't give my year any study leave for the January exams, was really disappointed...
Reply 2
You can have some of mine! I'm someone who falls into negative productivity when i'm not at college. This easter break has killed me, I find it impossible to do any of the work i've been set when I could've done it easily if there was no holiday :frown: :frown: :frown:

How come they're not giving study leave?
Reply 3
me. I think it's for the best because I can't study at home especially when the weather is so good; I'm always tempted to spend the day at the golf course.
Reply 4

Our school doesnt give us study leave for our AS exams, and we immediately start A2 and preparation for writing personal statements. I think its stupid since i want to drop geo, but have to start wrk on the A2 units even though i'm not doing the exam!
We don't, and I'm glad of it. I'd end up doing nothing on study leave.

And anyway, just don't go to the gym if it's that much trouble.
Nymthae
You can have some of mine! I'm someone who falls into negative productivity when i'm not at college. This easter break has killed me, I find it impossible to do any of the work i've been set when I could've done it easily if there was no holiday :frown: :frown: :frown:

How come they're not giving study leave?

I really don't know :frown: Our college is silly really.

They gave us study leave last year... starting on the 1st June - which was the date of my last exam. Which was just silly.

And January exams, they gave AS students study leave, but insisted that A2's must come into college......which I thought was unfair because many A2's have their A2 exams aswell as AS resits :\
I have exactly the same thing. Lessons up until the final exam, my final exam is the last exam of the season and A2 starts the next day. I know I'll spend all my time in school talking but at home I have the internet to distract me :s:
Reply 8
We probably don't. Last year the year 13s got it but we won't end up getting it cos they always change the rules for our year.
None of my exams start until June anyway so lessons through May will be helpful to me.
Reply 9
Pinkaddiction23
My college have decided to not give us any study leave. We have to be in lessons right up until the exam :frown:

I'm gutted......and panicking, I work so much better outside of lessons than in them. I don't see how i'm going to balance college, with revising with the gym :s-smilie:

Anybody else in the same boat as me?

My school doesn't let us off. We don't even get time to revise in class. We are learning new, important stuff right up until exams. Aka I am mortified...
Stella476
My school doesn't let us off. We don't even get time to revise in class. We are learning new, important stuff right up until exams. Aka I am mortified...

Sh*t! :eek:
Reply 11
We don't either. Instead of having to be in all day like usual though, we get what college gets all year starting 14th May. Only coming in for lessons, which means even easier to skip.
Ahh that's really bad. We had like a week before exams and then about a week off after they'd finished before A2 began. I think it's important to have a bit purely so you can study what you need to solely. For A2 we get a bit longer but we finish before half term begins. :smile:
We do I think, except none of the teachers have been told when it is! Not like they need to know to make sure we know all the stuff is it?

Last year my year got it and some got a 3 week break as they finished in the first week of exams.

I still had an exam after it ended. :frown:
some of my subjects are making us come in for our timetabled lessons but we do get some leave, it's late though, most people have exams before we leave!!
thats really bad you get no study leave. I revise way better at home than in school, we get study leave
the 6th May and my first exam isnt until 20th May :biggrin:
Reply 16
Pinkaddiction23
Sh*t! :eek:

Yep. I have 20 days 'til exams begin. Somehow, even though we don't get leave, we get some of the higher IB pass results in the hemisphere, which is good. About 90 per cent pass rate, though.
Neither do I :sigh:
Reply 18
If I were you, I just wouldn't go to school. You're over 16, so it's not against the truancy law, and you should have had enough attendance to still get to do your exam.
My school too is not giving us study leave!!!

Latest