The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
~Sam~
I wanna meet someone at the top of the Empire State Building! (Or maybe I've just watched Sleepless in Seattle too many times...)

*knows the feeling, but still wants to do it anyway*
Reply 21
These ideas don't have to be exotic - some interesting ones in the UK would be good for weekends etc.
Reply 22
I've just thought of another one and edited it in on the first post...... to get my ears pierced... finally!
Reply 23
Oooo send a message in a bottle! :biggrin: really silly and not exactly huge... :redface:

Oooo and for number 10 i know an amazing hotel for that... :wink:

Ive always wanted to go to a train station, or airport and go on the train/flight out of there... wherever its too... :rolleyes:
Reply 24
Princess Bouncy
Oooo send a message in a bottle! :biggrin: really silly and not exactly huge... :redface:

Oooo and for number 10 i know an amazing hotel for that... :wink:

Ive always wanted to go to a train station, or airport and go on the train/flight out of there... wherever its too... :rolleyes:

pm me the hotel name and address or website etc .. sounds good!
message in a bottle sounds a lovely idea... perhaps i could do that from one of my other destinations! (especially since I really love that song by Police)
Reply 25
Another variation on the windsurfing idea - try sandsailing. And i second Bouncy's idea - go through the eurotunnel, and then take a couple of random long distance trains and see where in europe you end up. Will probably be able to fly back again fairly cheaply from in or nearby wherever it is the trains come to rest.
Reply 26
TomD22
Another variation on the windsurfing idea - try sandsailing. And i second Bouncy's idea - go through the eurotunnel, and then take a couple of random long distance trains and see where in europe you end up. Will probably be able to fly back again fairly cheaply from in or nearby wherever it is the trains come to rest.

I like the idea of sand-sailing - I think you can do that on Pendine Sands in S Wales, I'm sure my brother has done that.... will have to ask him.
Not sure I like the randomness of train journeys - I like to plan and anticipate things a bit more (but, hey, that's perhaps a good reason why I should do it!)
Reply 27
Yeh i was a bit bleh about doing it with planes, but id do it with trains around the UK, in fact i might be in about 2 weeks :biggrin:
Reply 28
Princess Bouncy
Yeh i was a bit bleh about doing it with planes, but id do it with trains around the UK, in fact i might be in about 2 weeks :biggrin:

That's a nice idea ... I know, I could combine it with a dice-man type journey.....!
Reply 29
Ooo have you been to the Blue Lagoon? You can go do that in a day :biggrin:
Reply 30
Princess Bouncy
Ooo have you been to the Blue Lagoon? You can go do that in a day :biggrin:

Details, gal, details....... tell me all!
Reply 31
*searches out details* ok so iceland is perhaps better done with a few days. But the youth hostel is really nice in Reykjavik and you could combine northern lights!

EDIT: http://www.awayforaday.co.uk/Iceland_Day_Trip.asp?OVRAW=day%20trip%20to%20iceland&OVKEY=day%20iceland%20trip&OVMTC=standard
Reply 32
Oh, THAT one - been to Reykjavik and swum there too... have done most of Iceland (not that there's a lot!) and I would need to go in winter for the Northern lights I guess.
When we were in lapland they were saying that february is the best month for the northern lights (and yep we saw em and yep they're amazing)
Reply 34
Doh... erm

*thinks*
Reply 35
PQ
When we were in lapland they were saying that february is the best month for the northern lights (and yep we saw em and yep they're amazing)

Thank you - that's my birthday sorted then!
*tries to think of UK based ones*

Oblivion at alton towers/the big one at blackpool?
Last night of the proms?
watch a tv show being made? http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/tickets/
glastonbury:biggrin: (got to wait til 2007 now though)
summer/winter solstice at stonehenge?
notting hill carnival (it's free:cool: - I prefer the sunday childrens carnival to the monday)
See a red squirrel (brownsea island or formby)?
Reply 37
Ooo the tv one! also http://www.applausestore.com/Site/

have you been hot air ballooning?
Reply 38
PQ
*tries to think of UK based ones*

Oblivion at alton towers/the big one at blackpool? I really don't like theme park stuff very much
Last night of the proms? have always watched it on TV, but it could be a nice one to go and be there.
watch a tv show being made? http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/tickets/ did that with University Challenge earlier this year
glastonbury:biggrin: (got to wait til 2007 now though) - that's the rock concert or festival I initially thought of.... might still do it
summer/winter solstice at stonehenge? work tends to get in the way unless its a weekend.... but I do rather like Stonehenge :cool:
notting hill carnival (it's free:cool: - I prefer the sunday childrens carnival to the monday) - haven't been to that, might well do, as my sister lives in London
See a red squirrel (brownsea island or formby)? - saw some in the Lake District, near LowesWater

Some good possibilities, here, thank you!
Reply 39
Princess Bouncy
Ooo the tv one! also http://www.applausestore.com/Site/

have you been hot air ballooning?

No I haven't... I did go up in a two-seater light aircraft over my local area though for a few hours, so it's perhaps not as different.

Latest

Trending

Trending