Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hopefully I'll be going to Leeds to study A&F :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
ddongfang
All other courses have their own threads so why not us?!!!
umm just post any thing really :smile:

I have unconditional offer and my grades were AABaab and i am an international student lol

Unconditional? Dont you have to send in proof of your grades?
Reply 3
Zweihander
Unconditional? Dont you have to send in proof of your grades?

I did CIE A-level (cambridge International examination) so my results were out at the end of January. They confirmed my results recently and gave me unconditional :yep:
Reply 4
ddongfang
I did CIE A-level (cambridge International examination) so my results were out at the end of January. They confirmed my results recently and gave me unconditional :yep:

Hey,
R u from Malaysia?
Reply 5
Patila
Hey,
R u from Malaysia?

Korean k u?, studying in NZ
Reply 6
Patila
Hey,
R u from Malaysia?

Well.. I AM!!.. you?.. haha..
Reply 7
orlando612
Well.. I AM!!.. you?.. haha..

Yeah I am Indian, now living in KL.
Reply 8
hey! good thread :smile: been looking for one of these
im a warwick accounting and finance conditional firm choice too !!
anymore warwick a+f firms??
accomodation preferences?
:smile:
Reply 9
I'll try to answer any questions (as long as they're not too long) :p:
Milch
I'll try to answer any questions (as long as they're not too long) :p:

How much accounting do you actually have to do in 2nd & 3rd year? (I'd prefer to do as little as possible)
Do they make you do group assignments in 1st year? and how much is 1st year as a % of your total grade?
Reply 11
Zweihander
How much accounting do you actually have to do in 2nd & 3rd year? (I'd prefer to do as little as possible)
Do they make you do group assignments in 1st year? and how much is 1st year as a % of your total grade?

2 modules in 1st year and another 2 in the 2nd year. I don't think you have to do any 3rd year if you don't choose. I'm plannin to do as little as possible, finance ftw.

Yes there's a few group projects in 1st year. The only 1 that counts towards your grade is a module where you have to make a business/product and then pitch it to some 'dragons', your group then has to write a report.

1st year doesn't count! kind of stupid. it should at least be 10%.
Reply 12
Milch
2 modules in 1st year and another 2 in the 2nd year. I don't think you have to do any 3rd year if you don't choose. I'm plannin to do as little as possible, finance ftw.

Yes there's a few group projects in 1st year. The only 1 that counts towards your grade is a module where you have to make a business/product and then pitch it to some 'dragons', your group then has to write a report.

1st year doesn't count! kind of stupid. it should at least be 10%.

I'm not doing acc&fin, but when you apply for penultimate yr internships you have to declare whether you have achieved at least a 2:1. How will this work if 1st year does not count?

OP: Since when does Warwick have 2 rs?
Reply 13
bxvgears
I'm not doing acc&fin, but when you apply for penultimate yr internships you have to declare whether you have achieved at least a 2:1. How will this work if 1st year does not count?

OP: Since when does Warwick have 2 rs?

They will still want to see that you got at least a 2:1 in your first year exams eventhough they don't count.
Reply 14
Milch
They will still want to see that you got at least a 2:1 in your first year exams eventhough they don't count.

hows going? i always red your posts from accounting and finance 2009 :smile:

I have unconditional offer so for next 5 months I don't have much to do, what is the best thing to do to prepare myself for the course or (even to prepare first yr internships)??

In hindsight, what could you have done more?
Reply 15
ddongfang
hows going? i always red your posts from accounting and finance 2009 :smile:

I have unconditional offer so for next 5 months I don't have much to do, what is the best thing to do to prepare myself for the course or (even to prepare first yr internships)??

In hindsight, what could you have done more?

No need to prepare much at all, seeing is most first year modules are introductory. Maybe if you have never done accounting or economics before then do a bit of studying before starting the course.

As for preparing for spring weeks, there's not much you can do yet. My CV was bare before starting uni. but now it's much better because I've done loads of finance/trading competitions. (Definitely do as many as you can). Maybe find out what firms want a cover letter and start doing that, seeing as it's pretty tedious writing them.
Reply 16
Milch
No need to prepare much at all, seeing is most first year modules are introductory. Maybe if you have never done accounting or economics before then do a bit of studying before starting the course.

As for preparing for spring weeks, there's not much you can do yet. My CV was bare before starting uni. but now it's much better because I've done loads of finance/trading competitions. (Definitely do as many as you can). Maybe find out what firms want a cover letter and start doing that, seeing as it's pretty tedious writing them.

Reply 17
firmed warwick

so many international students!?!?!?!

anyone else from UK
Reply 18
dng92
firmed warwick

so many international students!?!?!?!

anyone else from UK

WBS courses are mostly overloaded with international students :biggrin:
So how many of you are coming to the open Day this Wednesday?

Latest

Trending

Trending