The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Wezzler
Well that's Warwick out the window A*AA for A&F from AAB that's almost laughable economics fair enough but A&F AAA I could Understand though.

I think with your A level maths the offer would be AAA. Or was maths a requirement anyway?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
yes maths was a requirement i think its more likely to be A*AA if you have a 3rd 'blacklisted' a level, but in my case because i do maths economics and history, i am kind of confident it would be AAA, do you agree.
Reply 42
Wezzler
yes maths was a requirement i think its more likely to be A*AA if you have a 3rd 'blacklisted' a level, but in my case because i do maths economics and history, i am kind of confident it would be AAA, do you agree.

All WBS candidates are also required to have studied a breadth of Advanced/Higher Level subjects, including mathematics or a natural science, and a humanities or social science subject.

I think you'll be fine, maybe replace history with bio/chem if it's not too late.
Reply 43
how can i replace it im in year 12 doing my exams in about a months time, anyway it says humanities subject, so i think doing history will be good. is it worth sending an email asking about it because its not clear in some areas of the site its still AAB, on ucas its AAA because if the standard offer was A*AA theres no point in me applying, i just think its unfair people this year can get in with AAB with a levels such as business and now its asking for A*
Reply 44
Wezzler
how can i replace it im in year 12 doing my exams in about a months time, anyway it says humanities subject, so i think doing history will be good. is it worth sending an email asking about it because its not clear in some areas of the site its still AAB, on ucas its AAA because if the standard offer was A*AA theres no point in me applying, i just think its unfair people this year can get in with AAB with a levels such as business and now its asking for A*

Where it says AAB, it's because they haven't updated it yet.
Wezzler

I did the same subjects. I would send them an email because so far there seem to be at least 3 different accounts of the entry requirements.
Reply 46
Zweihander
I did the same subjects. I would send them an email because so far there seem to be at least 3 different accounts of the entry requirements ::s-smilie::

when it was AAB i thought great, because if i mess up history at A2 and get a B i can still get in to a good course, i'm gutted tbh. do you think you will get 3A's? yes i will email them, and ask, do you think thats alright to email them, tell them my subjects, because i reckon they will just give me a generic response.
Reply 47
I think LSE will soon increase their minimum requirements
Reply 48
ddongfang
I think LSE will soon increase their minimum requirements

naa theyve already issued there prospectus its AAB
Reply 49
you lot dont know how you lucky you are being able to get in with AAB!!
Reply 50
my friend's offer this year was AAAb.
To be honest most people who got offers this year and last year got or predicted to get AAA or better.
Reply 51
ddongfang
my friend's offer this year was AAAb.
To be honest most people who got offers this year and last year got or predicted to get AAA or better.

was it most people i saw was AABb but AAA would be completely understandable and okish but its the A* i am shocked and worried about and most people this year got AAB offers, but ye i expected it to increase to AAA just not A*AA.
Reply 52
I got an AABb offer with Maths, Geo, Business :p:

I declined though.

Would have been a nice insurance as Notts course is a BA but I have a C at AS chemistry and when I emailed them about this requirement, they were firm about it. I probably should have put it as my insurance as I think if I don't get into Brizzle, I will be taking a year out - doing more A-Levels/retakes and reapplying.
Reply 53
Progashman
I got an AABb offer with Maths, Geo, Business :p:

I declined though.

ye most peoples was, shame its not now, shame its flippin A*AA
Wezzler
ye most peoples was, shame its not now, shame its flippin A*AA

Where else were you thinking of applying?
Reply 55
Zweihander
Where else were you thinking of applying?

warwick would of been my first choice by a long way, then other choices would of been bristol and bath, but i think bham econ>> bristol/bath acc f, but warwick A&F>> bham econ. do you think i would be asked for A*AA i really dont think i would, its going to be interesting because i think competition will fall, and it wasnt massively competitive at AAB in comparison to econ, but ye i am disppointed, i probably wont bother with warwick now, because history will be veryyy hard to get an A in at A level
Reply 56
Wezzler
warwick would of been my first choice by a long way, then other choices would of been bristol and bath, but i think bham econ>> bristol/bath acc f, but warwick A&F>> bham econ. do you think i would be asked for A*AA i really dont think i would, its going to be interesting because i think competition will fall, and it wasnt massively competitive at AAB in comparison to econ, but ye i am disppointed, i probably wont bother with warwick now, because history will be veryyy hard to get an A in at A level

Just apply, it's one of 5 choices.. Also I reckon you'd have a good shot if you applied for straight Economics, just get 3 A's at AS (including maths) and apply for unis like Notts, Bristol, Bath with backups like Birm, S'hampton. Aslong as you write a good PS, you are likely to get an offer for a top 10 uni for Economics. I think most of them will stay @ AAA
Reply 57
Progashman
Just apply, it's one of 5 choices.. Also I reckon you'd have a good shot if you applied for straight Economics, just get 3 A's at AS (including maths) and apply for unis like Notts, Bristol, Bath with backups like Birm, S'hampton. Aslong as you write a good PS, you are likely to get an offer for a top 10 uni for Economics. I think most of them will stay @ AAA

ye well i would be happy going to bham which is AAB and its looking more likely now with this increase from warwick when you say they will stay at AAA do you mean warwick offers.
Reply 58
the A*AA thing is really shocking, an increase of two grades? i'd assume they'd follow LSE as they are nearly always the more popular choice and after being ranked 6th in times good university guide. But yes im happy i got my offer from there with only AABb with A Levels in Maths, English Lit and Physics and an AS in Further Maths, being predicted A*AAa. I think they liked the further maths, i know bristol love it for A&F. Bristol offered me AAA yet my friend predicted ABB was offered ABB...
Reply 59
atterz123
the A*AA thing is really shocking, an increase of two grades? i'd assume they'd follow LSE as they are nearly always the more popular choice and after being ranked 6th in times good university guide. But yes im happy i got my offer from there with only AABb with A Levels in Maths, English Lit and Physics and an AS in Further Maths, being predicted A*AAa. I think they liked the further maths, i know bristol love it for A&F. Bristol offered me AAA yet my friend predicted ABB was offered ABB...

bristol offered you AAA i thought it was AAB, i dont think there that bothered about further maths AS for accounting tbh. but ye its a joke they increase it this much for year i apply and lse is still AAB!

Latest