The Student Room Group

AS Geography AQA help.

Hi geography is my strongest subject at the moment but I'm confused about the Summer exam layout.

I mean is it like the GCSE layout-introductory skills questions, then human module questions-where they give about 4 topical questions and ask you to answer 1 out of those topic based qs. Then similar for the physical stuff? Just a harder and stricter criteria? :confused:
I thought it was a large paper, with 2 sections that we HAVE to answer (the topics the janurary exam could have been on) and then 2 other topics of our choice:

For example, before christmas I studied population and rivers. After christmas I studied food supply and coasts

In the exam, I will have to do the population and rivers questions, and then there will be a load of other topics, depending on what you have studied you choose the relevant sections.

So I will choose food supply and coasts, when where will also be cold/hot environments etc

I hope this clears it up for you a little? Reply here or pm me if you need it explaining a little better haha
Reply 2
Ah, Ok-so I did rivers and population in January-and I've covered cold environments+energy supply since then.

So do I need to know any case studies? We've talked about this while covering cold environments but nothing else.

Is there a skills section-major graph stuff or just interpretting a map? :woo:
No skills in the exam

I have got to know case studies, however Im not sure if you have any in your area of the course, thoguh I expect that you do

I know there are definitely case studies for rivers- boscastle etc and for population- Iran? so you will need to know those, and then whatever case studies for cold environments and energy :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending