The Student Room Group

LITA3 AQA A A2 English Literature exam 15th June 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
hey guys im a new member in need of great help im doing coursework in english litreture and i have to compare 4 poems
but the first essay question is Compare how love & hate is presented in sonnet 130 by Shakespeare & havishim by carol ann Duffy ?
anyone text is from anthology gcse :smile:
I had a horrible marking scare last summer for the AS part of this exam - A*s in English for GCSE, A's all year and good coursework mark, then BAM a horrendously low mark for the exam?! I've retook this and hopefully that went better, but does anybody have any tips, example essays, or ANYTHING to help me make sure I am writing as the examiners like in the june exam? xxx
Hey there :smile: Sorry to resurrect a seemingly dead thread, but generally speaking how long should responses to the two questions be? I'm aiming for an A* and have been achieving 37+/40 on past papers, but have spent way over the time limit on them and written in excess of 1500 words, which realistically I know I will not be able to do under timed conditions in the real thing!

I know that no prescriptive answer can be given in regard to length, but how much did those of you who have achieved A*s in previous exam seasons write? Thanks!
Reply 583
Original post by Rachel_Leah
I had a horrible marking scare last summer for the AS part of this exam - A*s in English for GCSE, A's all year and good coursework mark, then BAM a horrendously low mark for the exam?! I've retook this and hopefully that went better, but does anybody have any tips, example essays, or ANYTHING to help me make sure I am writing as the examiners like in the june exam? xxx

Hi can you give a few pointers on how to achieve a grade A for the english exam? thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending