The Student Room Group

LITA3 AQA A A2 English Literature exam 15th June 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
billet-doux
Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether Q1 will be poetry/prose/drama. I'm thinking prose!

I'm hoping drama. Prose would be ok, but if it's poetry I will cry.
d123
I'm hoping drama. Prose would be ok, but if it's poetry I will cry.

If it is Prose or Drama, how many texts are you aiming to refer to in your wider reading?
Reply 102
kayscout
We were told that Q1 would never be poems.

my teacher has been giving us lots of past exams with question 1 was poems though
Reply 103
*as
kayscout
We were told that Q1 would never be poems.

It's poems on the specimen paper and it was poems in January..!
Anyone doing these texts for the Gothic: Paradise Lost, Frankenstein and Dracula??

How are you revising for the exam next Tuesday? :smile:
Reply 106
beautifulbubble
If it is Prose or Drama, how many texts are you aiming to refer to in your wider reading?

About 3 I think. Depends on what the question is really.
Does anyone know of any good plays on unrequited love? I only have an extract from 'The Crucible', but maybe one play is enough for Q2 since Q1 doesn't specifiy the type of love.
Reply 108
billet-doux
Does anyone know of any good plays on unrequited love? I only have an extract from 'The Crucible', but maybe one play is enough for Q2 since Q1 doesn't specifiy the type of love.

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Brick and Maggie, and also kind of Big Mama and Big Daddy.
d123
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Brick and Maggie, and also kind of Big Mama and Big Daddy.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 110
I thought there was no past papers? =S
Reply 111
BHAM!
I thought there was no past papers? =S

There's a specimen one and I think there was a January one. My teachers have mainly just been invented past papers though -they just choose two extracts that are of the right sort of length and standard.
claudia92
i really think it will be poems, well im bloody hoping that it is!

Don't take my word for it, but apparently it's not going to be poetry - more likely to be play scripts or prose according to our head of english :eek: no idea if that's accurate though aha
Reply 113
d123
There's a specimen one and I think there was a January one. My teachers have mainly just been invented past papers though -they just choose two extracts that are of the right sort of length and standard.

Is the jan one on the website? :smile:
Reply 114
BHAM!
Is the jan one on the website? :smile:

I've just had a look and I can't see it there. I thought there was one but I might be mistaken.
beautifulbubble
I do, would you like me to send it to you?

Yes please, that would be so helpful! :smile:
Just to clarify, question 1 will definitely be prose or drama, not poetry. This has been confirmed by exam board (and is due to wording in the specification which says the genre of text will change with each exam series).
Reply 117
Harriet123
Just to clarify, question 1 will definitely be prose or drama, not poetry. This has been confirmed by exam board (and is due to wording in the specification which says the genre of text will change with each exam series).

Where does it say that? I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to see it somewhere official so I can stop worrying!
d123
Where does it say that? I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to see it somewhere official so I can stop worrying!

My head of english recieved an email from the exam board about it... I'm not sure its been officially written (i.e. in public) but I'm certain that it's true. Also the specification does make it clear the genre of question 1 will change with each exam series. As the jan 10 paper was poetry, the june paper must be prose or drama.

But either way, it doesn't really make that much difference; we still need to know poetry for question 2.

Hope this helps
Reply 119
Harriet123
My head of english recieved an email from the exam board about it... I'm not sure its been officially written (i.e. in public) but I'm certain that it's true. Also the specification does make it clear the genre of question 1 will change with each exam series. As the jan 10 paper was poetry, the june paper must be prose or drama.

But either way, it doesn't really make that much difference; we still need to know poetry for question 2.

Hope this helps

Ok thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending