The Student Room Group

For people waiting for GCSE's.. What are you looking forward to?

Hiya, assuming we all get the right results in GCSEs and your going to college/sixth form, what are you looking forward too when you arrive on your first day at college?

I'm going to a new place, where not one of my old classmates are going either, so I'm going to use it as a chance to "reinvent" myself, I accidently built a reputation in my old school where I was seen as too quiet and unaproachable, which I was in years 7,8,9, and probably 10, but I grew out of it, and regretted it in year 11 where all I had for company was someone using me as a doormat. New place will give chance to have a fresh start!

What are you looking forward too? :tsr:
Reply 1
Cool topic.

Hmm, pretty much the same here, I was always so quiet (I had my head down to hide me crying on the first day of Year 7!) and though I'm quite loud and unafraid when it comes to arguments or standing up for our year, I was and am quiet in everything else! So I've always felt if I did something crazy (well, crazy by my standards would only be something as tame as karaoke!), everyone would find it weird! So I'm gonna try and be a bit more brave, outgoing and less shy when I get to sixth form!

I'm also going to try and enjoy it, because I'll miss school when I finish, and I don't want to regret not properly enjoying the school I'm going to like I'm regretting over the school I used to go to, it was great but I took it for granted.
Reply 2
I'm looking forward to meeting new faces, experiencing the added responsibility attained at college. I'm also looking forward to the higher standard of work; hopefully a motivating challange. In short, I suppose I am looking forward to all aspects of college. :smile:
:ditto:
Reply 4
Same here. I'm going to a sixth form college where no one from my high school is going. It means I can see some new faces, and meet some different people. I'm also looking forward to a more mature enviroment, that I think will be a nicer one that at high school. I'm really looking forward to college, I think it'll give me a much wider experience than any sixth form. I'm also looking forward to studying in Leeds, which is such a fantastic city; up to now I've been stuck in a sleepy rural town. So itll be a compltly different experience.

Its also a great feeling just getting AWAY from my old school. I hate the cliqueness, and the crap. I hate the way teachers are percieved, I hate the enviroment. It became kind of sufforcating there, like I was stuck in a very small box. I just can't wait until I can just talk to whoever I want to talk to, it breathes freedom - and I can't wait!
Im also looking forward to a bit of reinvention, i was shy for years 7,8,9 and ended up being stuck with that image so i want to become a bit more confident and become a bit more known.

Also to be free of the pupils who are just complete morons :top:
Reply 6
It's going to be interesting being in a year of 750, instead of 250. It's probably going to be the first time I'm not going to know everybody in the year.
Reply 7
I'm staying at my school, but i'm most looking forward to the natural responsibility the teachers give you, the freer (sp) rein and the fact that we get to wear suits, that will be my biggest highlight i cant wait for that bit. Free periods too. Double English Lit and Double Drama lessons those will be amazingly amazing. And the fact that coz my school is a grammar you really do need the grades to get back so all the idiots and morons who smoked their way thru yrs9-11 will be gone woohoo!
yeh, I got the whole reputation-for-being-quiet thing too. However, although I'm still a quiet person, I have a circle of really great friends now and I'm pleased to be starting 6th form with all but a couple of them.

I'm most looking forward too, well, everything! Not having to wear uniform. Not having to do english anymore. Being treated as older and maturer (haha well, hopefully LOL). Also, the new subjects - like I'm taking Pyschology, which will be good. Little things like you're allowed to leave campus whenever, and you're allowed mobile phones.

woo!! college at last!

MissSurfer
im hopefully staying on at my grammar school for sixth form .. but i dont mind a bit.. because i made friends with these girls in the other houses in my year.. we onli got 2 c each other in random lessons.. now most of them wil b in my sixth form class which is great! plus one of my good friends hannah whos a senior prefect in y13 next yr as i have alot of next yrs y13 frends:smile: has vowed 2 look after me :smile: bless her... the only thing im nt lkin 4wrd 2 is this girl who used to get on my coach to school every day and wil b in my form.. coz year 13 and 12 are mixed.. in alphabetical order into form eeek.. i wil just not assosciate with her.. she was nasty 2 me :frown:
Reply 10
I'm going to college. No one from my old school will be going as we have moved about 20 miles away. I'm looking forward to a new start. I'm really going to miss my old school - especially because I missed year 10 and have only had a year feeling alot healthier and happier at my school. But it was time for a change and I'm sure its going to be the right decision in the long run.

I'm looking forward to meeting new people, being in a more adult environement where you dont have to have written permission to go to the toilet in lessons! And no uniform! I'm also looking forward to a mixed college. I've beeni n a all girls educaiton for 10 years. So I'm glad I'l be leaving the bit*hing behind!
Reply 11
im looking forwards to new people coming into 6th form, and others having left.

uh, looking forwards to spending half my time doing maths, with people who don't numb my mind completely.
looking forward to having good art classes where you can actually Learn stuff and experiment a lot more
Reply 13
I'm also looking forward to dropping certain subjects and focusing more on the subjects I enjoy - especially theatre studies!
Reply 14
I'm looking forward to passing that fecking Maths GCSE course so I don't have to do it in my second year at College!
Reply 15
I am going to a new college where no one I know will be there which is good becuase everyone at my current school thinks im a slut becuase I fancy older men. I do fancy older men but that doesnt make me a slut ^o)

Latest

Trending

Trending