The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i am not a physicist but from what i know from my area(engineering) choose USA without a second thought. especially if what you wanna do involves very special experimental facilities..except from CERN Europe has fallen back in all the other research areas in physics..my opinion..
Reply 2
It's quite easy. If you can get a PhD track masters (or maybe even straight PhD) in a top ten uni for physics, go without a doubt.

Otherwise you have better options in Europe which will allow you to finish must faster making full use of your undergraduate degree.

The style of teaching is very different, you will have another 2 years of courses+exams but considering you've done a masters at that point the necessity of these can be discussed.

For career prospects it will be infinitely better if you're planning on working/postdocing in the states. Otherwise it should be somewhat similar. Always it will come down to what kind of publications you've managed to produce.

Graduate student life will be very dependent on college but from what I've heard they work like crazy over there. Some nightmare stories from two universities have crossed my ears.

Latest

Trending

Trending