The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hehe :p: Actually was just on the phone to my BF, and he thinks it's heaps dodgy and saw right through it - I'm not going ahead with it, buuutt...

I have just been offered ANOTHER job!!! :smile:

A promo one this time, and by the real agency (not Ozmodel.com) I work for here in the ACT and my boss offered me a shift on Sunday.

I'm taking that instead! Less paid at $50 per hour tho, but at least it's all legit :wink: :cool:
Reply 21
You made the right decision, the defensiveness on the part of the company is a BAD sign, not to mention how rude and unprofessional the response was. Either it was a hoax or it's a company not worth doing business with no matter how much money they offer. If I were you I'd write back and tell them so. If they are legit then someone in charge should hear from you to make sure such terrible impressions aren't given to other models. More likely than not though it was just one obese 40 year old man in a greasy flat with a polaroid camera...
Reply 22
Well I think you made the rigth decision and congrats on gettign another job:smile:
Reply 23
kirstinx
Well I think you made the rigth decision and congrats on gettign another job:smile:
Yeah thanks! It'll be fun, and although it's a bit out of the city, my BF's driving me so it's all good. He's so caring :biggrin:

Anyway that's great, I really appreciate this guys - he just sounded so suss :eek: I had to talk about it with other people :wink: :cool:
Reply 24
Oh yeah and BTW kirstinx, check your control panel - I've just +repped you! :p: :smile: Well deserved IMO.
when they say one door closes...another always opens!!! way to go danni!!! :wink:
Reply 26
r_raghav11
when they say one door closes...another always opens!!! way to go danni!!! :wink:
I know, thanks mate! :smile: It's so awesome that I've got this other promo job instead. Made us (my BF and I) so much more relieved ... and happier! :p: When he's happy, I'm happy :smile: :love:

Plus it seemed dodge to me anyway, maybe if I was in Sydney and was allowed to go with a friend/my BF it'd be ok, but that whole 'flight' issue made me a bit nervous on the inside, and the 'hotel' thing! :redface: :wink:

:eek:

I'm glad I don't have to do it anymore, tbh :cool:
alrite! thats cool! if u sense anything fishy...dont do it! it was wise of you to clarify with that arse of a guy. Always better...and also..all of us here can give u opinions but trust ur instinct. And i guess its better that you always take someone along for ur shoots - initially atleast. Safer and better. prob after u establish urself as a top notch model ( for which i wish u all the best to become :smile: ) then u'll have ur own entourage!!! :wink: oh...btw...tell me how it went!!! :rolleyes:
Reply 28
All's well that end's well.

(Man, what a crappy 1000th post!)
Reply 29
danni_bella83
Oh yeah and BTW kirstinx, check your control panel - I've just +repped you! :p: :smile: Well deserved IMO.

Aww thanks so much :biggrin:
danni_bella83
Hehe :p: Actually was just on the phone to my BF, and he thinks it's heaps dodgy and saw right through it - I'm not going ahead with it, buuutt...

I have just been offered ANOTHER job!!! :smile:

A promo one this time, and by the real agency (not Ozmodel.com) I work for here in the ACT and my boss offered me a shift on Sunday.

I'm taking that instead! Less paid at $50 per hour tho, but at least it's all legit :wink: :cool:

Good call :congrats: . It must've been off putting the photographer getting mad and it sounds like he was trying to put you off bringing your boyfriend along :mad: .

Congrats on getting the other job and will reply back to your pm later today sweetie :smile: .

Take care and let us know how you get on with this job!!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending