The Student Room Group

AS Accounting?

I was just wondering whether anyone here does AS or A level accounting or knows anything about it.
I'm in year 11 and have chosen my options for AS level which are so far: Maths, Economics, Art and Physics. But after realising I hate physics :P I want to change it to maybe accounting.

Someone told me it's boring (although he doesn't actually do it) and another person told me it's not that hard and only includes simple maths.

But I'm confused, I may pick English Lit instead.

What do you think? :confused:
Reply 1
Whoah guys, slow down with the replies, I can't keep up :indiff:
ok sorry....
just do what you want and what you think will be best for you in the future.
Wulf chan
I want to change it to maybe accounting.

Someone told me it's boring (although he doesn't actually do it) and another person told me it's not that hard and only includes simple maths.

What do you think? :confused:

I do not do Accounting, but I have heard that Accounting is a "blacklisted subject" (a blacklisted subject is a subject which top universities - such as Cambridge and LSE - regard as not being "rigorous").

Personally, I would be wary of choosing Accounting as an A-Level, especially these days where due to the sensationalism from the media, it appears as if all A-Levels have been rendered into monotonous tasks that simpletons can do.

But that's just me.

Latest