The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
simeon
Flats are (well were last year)same sex, but blocks are mixed.

that sucks!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
simeon
Spindles is on of the older blocks, but all those have been decorated, re-carpetted and had new mattresses over the Summer.

Hi do you know whether Limes is on the new or older blocks??
Reply 22
Limes is an older block.
hey all :itsme:
I've got flat 11/2 junipers...is that one of the older blocks??
there aren't any pictures of our rooms on the broadgate website...does anyone know where i could find some...?
i'll be studying english and classicals civilisations...anyone else doing that as well...?
Reply 24
Hi! Im in Flat 20/6 Mulberry's, anyone living with me?! Im glad there are some posts on here cuz I was starting to think not going catered in Halls was a mistake. Its not a long walk to Univerity Park...right?! Im doing Ancient History, what are all you gusy studying?

xXx
Reply 25
secrets133
Its not a long walk to Univerity Park...right?!

Less than 10 mins
Reply 26
simeon
Less than 10 mins

Much less! Broadgate is only on the opposite side of the road to the west entrance. It's a little bit of a walk across campus if you're heady over to science/engineering, but not as far as coming from the other direction from Jubilee/Raleigh.

And if you learn to skate, you can roll all the way down the hill back to Broadgate, gets you there in no time at all. (Plug plug...) :biggrin:

Oh, worth noting the new Broadgate rooms haven't finishing being built yet. But don't worry, I'm sure they will be by the end of the month! New shiny rooms! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 27
Acidedge

Oh, worth noting the new Broadgate rooms haven't finishing being built yet. But don't worry, I'm sure they will be by the end of the month! New shiny rooms! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

No, they won't be. They're not opening them properly 'til 2006 intake. Jarvis had got that far behind that the new contractors, Norwest Holst only took the job on the understanding that they didn't have to rush to get them done by this Sept.
Reply 28
simeon
No, they won't be. They're not opening them properly 'til 2006 intake. Jarvis had got that far behind that the new contractors, Norwest Holst only took the job on the understanding that they didn't have to rush to get them done by this Sept.

Ahhh. I was being optimistic so as not to scare the new arrivals, but I thought that might be the case. I do hope said new arrivals won't have to walk through a building site every day! :frown:

P.S. Are you an ice hockey goalie? (Avatar)?
Reply 29
Acidedge
P.S. Are you an ice hockey goalie? (Avatar)?

No, but In-line on occasion.

Calgary are the Ice Hockey team I follow though, and Kiprusoff (who the avatar is) is a new Hockey God, as is Cruickshank at Nottingham Panthers.:biggrin:
Reply 30
Okay here's my problem.

I haven't applied for visa (Entry clearance) and i need to do it soon. In the form, I'm required to state my address of residence in UK. Now the problem is that I haven't got and accomodation offer so I don't know the address but I'm pretty sure I'll end up in Broadgate. I talked to a representative from Notts and she said "Oh what the hell, just put in whatever address". So, can anyone give me a general Broadgate address, please?
Reply 31
Farid Daim
So, can anyone give me a general Broadgate address, please?

Mr Farid Daim
Broadgate Hall
University of Nottingham
University Park
Nottingham
Notts
NG7 2RD
Reply 32
simeon
No, but In-line on occasion.

Calgary are the Ice Hockey team I follow though, and Kiprusoff (who the avatar is) is a new Hockey God, as is Cruickshank at Nottingham Panthers.:biggrin:

Do you play for the Nottingham Knights then? And do you skate with BladeSoc? Street hockey is a bit more unusual that Inline hockey, the way we play!

Air balls, sliding tackles, flipping the ball off walls and cars, regular time-outs when we lose the ball down the hill, etc etc... :biggrin:
Reply 33
Hey thanks, Acidage! appreciate it.
Reply 34
Acidedge
Mr Farid Daim
Broadgate Hall
University of Nottingham
University Park
Nottingham
Notts
NG7 2RD

Hey wait a minute.. Broadgate is't in University Park, it's in Beeston! The postal code must be different.
Reply 35
Farid Daim
c/o Broadgate Park Centre
Broadgate Park
Turnpike Lane
Beeston
Nottingham
NG9 2RX

That would get post delivered to the Office, so you could use that.

'acidedge'
Do you play for the Nottingham Knights then? And do you skate with BladeSoc?

Nah, Nottingham Moose.
I'm not at Nottingham Uni, so not in BladeSoc
Reply 36
simeon
Farid Daim
c/o Broadgate Park Centre
Broadgate Park
Turnpike Lane
Beeston
Nottingham
NG9 2RX

I was in Broadgate in my first year and my postcode was NG9 2RU - but bear in mind that my flat has been knocked down since then! Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 37
Yeah, 2RX is only the postcode only for the Office/Bar/Shop
Reply 38
simeon
Nah, Nottingham Moose.
I'm not at Nottingham Uni, so not in BladeSoc

There are a few of us who still skate with the Uni peeps who are now longer students. You'd be welcome if you wanted to come along!
secrets133
Hi! Im in Flat 20/6 Mulberry's, anyone living with me?! Im glad there are some posts on here cuz I was starting to think not going catered in Halls was a mistake. Its not a long walk to Univerity Park...right?! Im doing Ancient History, what are all you gusy studying?

xXx

I am also at Mulberry's (7/5) :smile: And I am doing Law.

Latest

Trending

Trending