The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
EpidemicNina
I am also at Mulberry's (7/5) :smile: And I am doing Law.

Hey! That's cool! :smile: How quaint does 'Mulberry's' sound?! What part of the country are you from? I'm in Boston, Lincs so not too far from Nottingham. Have you had any information about week one from Broadgate Park? Apparently they are supposed to be our Week one reps but I've only had info from the RSA (regional students association). :rolleyes:

<slightly conserned about rooms not being finished> presumably the rooms allocated to students will be finished by moving in time?! :confused:

xXx
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
secrets133
Hey! That's cool! :smile: How quaint does 'Mulberry's' sound?! What part of the country are you from? I'm in Boston, Lincs so not too far from Nottingham. Have you had any information about week one from Broadgate Park? Apparently they are supposed to be our Week one reps but I've only had info from the RSA (regional students association). :rolleyes:

<slightly conserned about rooms not being finished> presumably the rooms allocated to students will be finished by moving in time?! :confused:

xXx

I am from Doncaster, which is in South Yorks. its not too far from nottingham butits annoying because there are no direct trains! but its ok really. and no i havent heard anything about week one from broadgate yet, just got the same stuff as you (i think!).

lol i havent heard about the rooms not being finished. yikes! sure it will all be fine.....yeah..... :biggrin:
secrets133

xXx

information about week one is posted on the students portal.
http://my.nottingham.ac.uk
click on the next steps tab after you've signed in and there's a link on the left hand side about the freshers week.

i'm sure the rooms they've allocated will be finished. but what about the new block that they're building in ?? :confused:
imagine having to live on a construction site !! :eek:
Reply 43
pallavi dhody
information about week one is posted on the students portal.
http://my.nottingham.ac.uk
click on the next steps tab after you've signed in and there's a link on the left hand side about the freshers week.

i'm sure the rooms they've allocated will be finished. but what about the new block that they're building in ?? :confused:
imagine having to live on a construction site !! :eek:

Thanks for the Week one site tip. Blerg, don't fancy having to stare at builders bums every morning...unless Orlando Bloom has decided to change proffesions....<wanders off into daydream>.... :wink:

xXx
Reply 44
If anyone's wondering the Broadgate park site is

http://www.broadgatepark.co.uk/weekoneatbgp.htm

And the official site for Freshers Week is

www.weekone.co.uk
secrets133
Thanks for the Week one site tip. Blerg, don't fancy having to stare at builders bums every morning...unless Orlando Bloom has decided to change proffesions....<wanders off into daydream>.... :wink:

xXx

That would be interesting indeed....mmmmm........
Reply 46
Broadgate has been a building site for nearly 2 years and will be for another year(Compensation was paid to those living next to it). It's not really a problem though.

All the rooms that are to be allocated this year are finished, it's the ones for next year that aren't.
Reply 47
Cheer's Simeon! What day are you arriving EpidemicNina? Im getting to Notts on the 25th I think, early afternoon time. If fact when is everyone getting to Broadgate?

I hope my Flatmates are nice! It would be pretty bad to end up with messy, stay out all night then make noise when they get in-ers! Do we not for sure whether flats are mixed or not?
Reply 48
simeon
Broadgate has been a building site for nearly 2 years and will be for another year(Compensation was paid to those living next to it). It's not really a problem though.

I didn't get any compensation and my kitchen window looked over the stupidly high fence into the building site for most of first year. :frown:
secrets133
Cheer's Simeon! What day are you arriving EpidemicNina? Im getting to Notts on the 25th I think, early afternoon time. If fact when is everyone getting to Broadgate?

I think probably on the Saturday afternoon will be when I arrive :cool:
Reply 50
Does anyone know what we are insured against automatically in BP? Theft of laptops etc? Wondering whether to get the endsleigh thing. xXx
Hey guys,
I'm at broadgate too, Somewhere called 194/5 Alpines. Surely there can't be 194 + flats! New or old, anyone know?
Vicky x
Reply 52
All the blocks used to be numbered rather than named, so you'll hear ex-BGP'ers talk about the 208 or 211 girls. Last year 'they' (in their wisdom?!) decided to name all the blocks.

Oh, by the way, there are more than 194 flats, bearing in mind that each flat has between 4 and 6 students, and there are around 1500 students on BGP.
Reply 53
Yer but surely not more than 194 flats in the one Alpines block thing. jeez that is a lot!
Reply 54
Does anyone know how easy it is to get to Nottingham train station from BP? I know there's a train station in Beeston but if I get one from Notts there are no changes (if I had to change I'd end up on the wrong train).
Reply 55
You would need to get a bus, or if you have a lot of luggage, a taxi. xx
Reply 56
mousey
You would need to get a bus, or if you have a lot of luggage, a taxi. xx

Okies, thanks. Im assuming there are pretty good bus links to the train station from Beeston? x
Reply 57
Im at BGP. 57/5 Elms. Hope its nice. Just trying to pack, its harder thanI thought, have accumulated so much cr*p over the years, its trying to find somewhere to put it coz my mum want to turn my room into an ensuite bathroom! I wont have a room at home anymore! Can't wait to move out tho, bring it on!
Reply 58
secrets133
Okies, thanks. Im assuming there are pretty good bus links to the train station from Beeston? x

Yep, there are.
Reply 59
Hey, a bit of a random question, but are there MIRRORS in the non-ensuite rooms in Broadgate?? Coz it doesn't say there are on the accomodation website....

Latest

Trending

Trending