The Student Room Group
Reply 1
1) Is it ok, if I post a CV to that address, would they still notice it maybe with recorded delivery? You don't really need to use recorded delivery for posting you CV, as it means if there is no one there to sign for it it will go back to the post office. Probably best to simply send it standard mail.

2) If handing in a CV, do I put it in some folder/plastic wallet or just hand it without anything but a paperclip? Just staple it, no need for anything else
3) And do I ALWAYS put a cover letter with a CV? I would recommend always putting a covering letter with your CV, otherwise they won't know which position you are applying for. Even if it's a speculative application, write a covering letter specifying this.

Hope this helps :smile:

Peach x
Reply 2
1) Really won't make a huge difference
2) Either or. Bear in mind the person then will have to take it out if wallet/clip/staple so whatever is least taxing.
3) Always, ALWAYS have a cover letter. In fact, ring the company up, ask who to address the letter to and thier title etc. Ask some questions of them. They will remember you when they get your letter/CV.
Reply 3
Send it by standard post, and don't fasten it together - they will only unfasten it anyway, and if they need it stapled they can do that themselves. Don't put it in a folder - the folder will only get thrown away.

What Segat1 says about phoning the company is very true - at least phone them to get the name of the person you should address your letter to. Letters addressed to 'the HR department' can easily get lost or treated as unimportant.

Latest

Trending

Trending