The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Here are my solutions to the C1 paper. If there are any errors I hang my head in shame…
Hope you guys found most of it straightforward!

These links take you to you know what (for private use only):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q033EFH9 for zipped pdf file.

Password for file:

Spoiler

vc94
Here are my solutions to the C1 paper. If there are any errors I hang my head in shame…
Hope you guys found most of it straightforward!

These links take you to you know what (for private use only):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q033EFH9 for zipped pdf file.

Password for file:

Spoiler

whats the password?
Thank you for posting your solutions (!)

Have you done the M1 too?

Thanks!
Reply 63
I think I failed....
What do you reckon grade boundaries for an A will be for C1?
Reply 65
ffs i got the y=2f(x) one wrong
Reply 66
I thought it was okay! And should the coordinates of point 'A' be 4+23 4 + 2\sqrt{3}
, because the question said it is positive for both coordinates,

dam I think I messed that question up aswell.
Bump now the time limit has passed
hanah_101
I thought it was okay! And should the coordinates of point 'A' be 4+23 4 + 2\sqrt{3}
, because the question said it is positive for both coordinates,

dam I think I messed that question up aswell.

I got 4+23 4 + 2\sqrt{3}
Reply 69
Spoke to students today...not a 'hard' paper just high mark questions which needed lots of working out which may lead to errors, ergo potentially lower overall marks
Reply 70
I reckon I got 69/75, which I'm annoyed about because I got the values of a and d wrong even though I used the right method and checked my answer many times :frown: I also got the value of the discriminant right at first but crossed out my answer because I thought the method was wrong :angry: Oh and I got the area of the triangle wrong too, after crossing out my first right answer...
Reply 71
the only question I could not answer was 'find the value of 't'. lol, it was one mark and I was sitting there for a good few minutes before I gave up.

How do you work out the value of 't?
Reply 72
hanah_101
the only question I could not answer was 'find the value of 't'. lol, it was one mark and I was sitting there for a good few minutes before I gave up.

How do you work out the value of 't?

Same, I used up an entire page trying to do it, it really annoyed me.
I had no idea how to find t :frown: My brain kept telling me it must be zero if it has the same x co-ord as B, was the same length as AB and also went from A :s:
Reply 74
letsdothetimewarpagain
I had no idea how to find t :frown: My brain kept telling me it must be zero if it has the same x co-ord as B, was the same length as AB and also went from A :s:

Yeah I put t=0 and then I saw that t>0.

I then spent about 10 minutes trying to work it out :p:
Reply 75
Here is the paper and solutions.

I thought it was tricky by C1 standards. Lots of places where students could easily drop marks. In particular, getting the coordinate of A right in Q10 was far from easy.

I am going to go 58/75 for 80UMS
Reply 76
letsdothetimewarpagain
I got 4+23 4 + 2\sqrt{3}

unfortunately, you are wrong.

this would be the third point of intersection where y is negative. The question says find the point A where both x and y are positive

x = 4 - SQRT(3)
Reply 77
Can't really remember the paper but I think they said AB=AC. Therefore
root(41) = root((A(y) - C(t))^2 - ((A(x) - C(x))^2

then I squared the root 41 side to get rid of the square roots and had an equation with t to solve.
To find "t" you HAD to draw a graph, unless you can mentally visualise these things, which i doubt many can do.

You would plot both points A and B onto the graph, and then because we are given that the length is the same as AB root(41) you have to assume it is the same distant away from A as it is To B - if that makes any sense???

That means it has to be vertically onto of B and double the original height, so basically an isosceles triangle.
I thought that question was actually quite stupid, for one mark it needed quite alot of working.

For the Graph Intersection question, How many marks are you likely to lose if you drew the x^2(7-x) graph, the wrong way so upside down, and how many marks are likely to be lost on the last section if you didnt give a correct y co-ordinate for 4 - 2(root(3))???
Reply 79
For the co-ordinates of A, I think it was question 10, I think I put 12+8SQRT3 as opposed to -12+8SQRT3. :angry:

Latest