yeah all he time

pint glasses

mugs from cafe's

toilet roll

newspaper from supermarket

cutlery

other people food

money
A lot of students rob things coming back from nights out because they think its cool.

The basement of our student house got full of shopping trolleys, signs from shops and various other 'trophies' from some of the lads who thought they were bad ass by nicking them. One time they did a drunken 'rob a hospital' challenge and brought home various bits from machines etc. When I started challenging them on it the response was "get off your moral high horse, we pay taxes just like anybody else so why aren't we entitled?"
Nope, I grew out of my shoplifting phase at about 14.
MagicNMedicine
A lot of students rob things coming back from nights out because they think its cool.

The basement of our student house got full of shopping trolleys, signs from shops and various other 'trophies' from some of the lads who thought they were bad ass by nicking them. One time they did a drunken 'rob a hospital' challenge and brought home various bits from machines etc. When I started challenging them on it the response was "get off your moral high horse, we pay taxes just like anybody else so why aren't we entitled?"

What an absolute bunch of *****.

Hello Laura!
Toilet rolls stolen from the library last MONTHS. Totally worth it.

There was once my friend and I went to a club where the toilet attendant hadn't locked the cupboard, so we filled our rucksacks with toilet paper (oh yes, rucksacks to go clubbing! Saves on cloakroom fees if there are a few of you going...)

My friend once paid for a round of cocktails from a tips jar in a posh hotel. That was quite bad really.

You probably got that poor woman fired. I hope karma catches up with you.
I'm not a uni student ............yet, but I certainly won't be stealing things. If I desperately need something i'd ask my parents to pop a fiver in my bank or something. I'd rather that than steal.
Reply 45
No, never stolen anything. I have inadvertently walked off with something (which is different from stealing--I didn't mean to take it or keep it without paying). I absent-mindedly walked out of a cafe with a loaf of bread the other day, but ran back mortified to pay for it. They were very grateful I had returned, as they hadn't realised I left. I guess they expected me to just keep it.

MagicNMedicine

I have to say, in a lifetime of hearing about a irresponsible and morally bankrupt student pranks/hi-jinx, this takes the cake. The "I'm pissed so I'll steal a bunch of other people's property and road signs" is bad enough, but hospital equipment?! I shudder for humanity. Are these by any chance from the same group who urinated on a war memorial in Sheffield?
lol no
jjarvis

I have to say, in a lifetime of hearing about a irresponsible and morally bankrupt student pranks/hi-jinx, this takes the cake. The "I'm pissed so I'll steal a bunch of other people's property and road signs" is bad enough, but hospital equipment?! I shudder for humanity. Are these by any chance from the same group who urinated on a war memorial in Sheffield?

No most of the time they were alright, but like many students when they got drunk, their morals dropped. The worst thing about this was when I was in the house on my own one day and the landlord came round and saw all the stuff in the cellar and gave me an almighty rollicking about it and told me to get it disposed of.
Reply 48
I went through a phase of pinching branded glasses from pubs (ya know, the odd looking ones)
Reply 49
MagicNMedicine
No most of the time they were alright, but like many students when they got drunk, their morals dropped. The worst thing about this was when I was in the house on my own one day and the landlord came round and saw all the stuff in the cellar and gave me an almighty rollicking about it and told me to get it disposed of.

Yeah, that's no fun at all. :no: I would find it difficult to live with people who were decent sober, but did stupid things drunk and continued drinking. I have ever-decreasing patience with students (and people generally) whose morals drop when drunk. The rest of us refrain from committing theft or acts of vandalism when drunk, and if you aren't able to perhaps you shouldn't drink so much. That, however, is a story for another thread. I am curmudgeonly beyond my years.
I've taken home the wine glass when I was given a free glass of wine. :teehee:
Reply 51
I took a little sachet of ketchup from my halls dining room once.
kati6
I have a mug from Starbucks too that i took :p: :o:

I have a Nero cup and saucer; how do you guys go about taking coffee cups? I do it quite obviously as if I'm stupid and don't know any better than to take away the cup as if it's a freebie :smile:
Reply 53
RainbowJellyfluff
I don't...but I am liking this idea of taking mugs and such from starbucks.

lol same. I think I may have to do so next time :wink:
Why do girls think its acceptable to steal mugs from Starbucks etc?

Surely having one of those mugs just shows everybody all the time while you're drinking from it that you're a thief.

If you took one of your friends round to your parents house for tea and you found out that they'd stolen one of your Mum's mugs, wouldn't you find it a bit disappointing?
Reply 55
i could neverrr steal anything, seriously my conscience is ridiculous & i'd never be able to live with myself. haha.
my mum once gave me some of those salt and ketchup sachets from kfc to put in my bag, i was convinced they were going to come running after me and put me in jail, :frown:
We went through a phase in first year of stealing interesting looking glasses from pubs. Stella glass = cool, bag full of broken glass and cutting yourself so badly you need stitches = not cool.
MagicNMedicine
Why do girls think its acceptable to steal mugs from Starbucks etc?

Surely having one of those mugs just shows everybody all the time while you're drinking from it that you're a thief.

If you took one of your friends round to your parents house for tea and you found out that they'd stolen one of your Mum's mugs, wouldn't you find it a bit disappointing?

Yeah, but my mum>the multi-million dollar multinationational corporation that is Starbucks.
Lets be honest you're not doing it out of some Robin Hood act of redistribution away from the multinational corporations though are you. It's the spoilt middle class girl attitude of

"see something I want....am entitled to.....must take.....it's not really stealing cos I'm a girl"
No. I've done quite a few silly things when drunk in first year, but stealing was never one of them.

Although, like every other student flat I'm sure, I did find the odd stolen traffic cone in our utility cupboard. Wow, how original.

Latest

Trending

Trending