The Student Room Group
Reply 1
User12399
Also how do I contact their admissions via email?

Sign up at College Confidential for more information about the US application system.
It is a US version of TSR.
Reply 2
User12399
I'm looking to do Computer science and am looking at universites at US.

What requirements do they want. Also how do I contact their admissions via email?

My A Levels are predicted AAA, do they look at GCSEs?

For Berkeley - http://students.berkeley.edu/admissions/freshmen.asp?id=55&navid=N & PDF (Portable Document Format) versions of the application form and application booklet are available on the Web at http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply/. Follow the prompts to download and print the form and instructions. You may submit a form you have downloaded and printed.

This link should also be useful for you to see rankings and a selection of US colleges/unis with the best computer science programs: http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings/majors+11.07.
Reply 3
User12399
I'm looking to do Computer science and am looking at universites at US.

What requirements do they want. Also how do I contact their admissions via email?

My A Levels are predicted AAA, do they look at GCSEs?

You would need to take the ACT or the SAT reasoning test and subject tests. You might find this page helpful. Also as somebody mentioned above, College confidential is also a very useful forum. Also, UC Berkeley doesn't have many financial aid programs for international students.
Reply 4
Ok thanks guys!
Reply 5
I got into Berkeley this year for Engineering, so I can help you a bit if you need.

First thing you need to decide is whether you want to apply for computer science through the college of Letters & Science or the College of Engineering. The latter is considerably harder to get into, and the course will also be more rigorous and "prestigious" (if that matters at all to you).

I provided my GCSE results in the "additional information" section of the application, as well as my predicted IB score (equivalent of A levels, if you haven't heard of it). The entire application is done online, which makes things MUCH easier. You need to self-report your transcript grades from Year 10 onwards (they will only need proof of these grades if you're accepted), and there are no teacher recommendations required. If you're a borderline candidate, then you might be sent a supplementary application to fill in around January or February, which may require teacher recs, more report grades and stuff like that. If you don't get one of these, I believe it's safe to assume they've already made their decision about you.

The great thing about the application is that if you're interested in applying to other UCs like UCLA then all you have to do is add it from a dropdown.
Reply 6
CocoPop
I got into Berkeley this year for Engineering, so I can help you a bit if you need.

First thing you need to decide is whether you want to apply for computer science through the college of Letters & Science or the College of Engineering. The latter is considerably harder to get into, and the course will also be more rigorous and "prestigious" (if that matters at all to you).

I provided my GCSE results in the "additional information" section of the application, as well as my predicted IB score (equivalent of A levels, if you haven't heard of it). The entire application is done online, which makes things MUCH easier. You need to self-report your transcript grades from Year 10 onwards (they will only need proof of these grades if you're accepted), and there are no teacher recommendations required. If you're a borderline candidate, then you might be sent a supplementary application to fill in around January or February, which may require teacher recs, more report grades and stuff like that. If you don't get one of these, I believe it's safe to assume they've already made their decision about you.

The great thing about the application is that if you're interested in applying to other UCs like UCLA then all you have to do is add it from a dropdown.

Congrats for getting in :smile:

I PMed you some questions, hope I'm not bothering you.

Latest

Trending

Trending