The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reggio
Mate, she's the daughter of a former Prime Minister :p: You can't speak to her like that!!:eek:

So how old is she?! :lolwut:
Rimipie
i'd feel so at home :suith: that's why i'm not too keen on leaving london...
where are you going?

nottingham, you?
Reply 22
Tha_Black_Shinobi

alie. Words like "peak", "gas" and "skeen" have become such a key part of my vocabulary. They probably wont know what alie means

alie you say these things without even knowing, like it comes out, how dumb are we gonna look saying "mate you're gassed", "it's peak" loool
Rimipie
LOOL beat/smash same thing "blud i'm on smashing dat ting"..."excuse me, did you just threaten to attack her?! who do you think you are?!"
or if you say peak (NEW FAVE WORD) "oh dear i just missed the bus!"...."PEAK!"..."...excuse me?"

can't wait

:rofl:

You are gassed up. Come like you're not moving booky on TSR anyways :lol:

I wonder if anybody will be talking like this at Kings :dontknow:
Reply 24
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK
nottingham, you?

i'm still in year12 :o: but i want to go kings/qmul/ or surrey so far...
to be honest, i'm from london and go to uni in london and find i have a 'uni voice' and a 'home voice'. i talk to my home friends one way and my uni friends another, i have to or my uni friends don't understand. generally they just find it amusing though. teaching a good friend of mine from winchester what the word 'par' means was a definite highlight.
Rimipie
LOL i'm from london too, no ones gonna understand what you say

"ey fam what u sayin styll, manz on dis skankin ting!!111"

LULZ

I'm from London and I've absolutely no idea what that means.
Reply 27
+ polarity -
So how old is she?! :lolwut:

17/8... He froze his sperm, and it was only found in the 1990's so...
Reply 28
FinalFlash
:rofl:

You are gassed up. Come like you're not moving booky on TSR anyways :lol:

I wonder if anybody will be talking like this at Kings :dontknow:

loool skn

nah i doubt it, too many neeks 2 many many neeks LMFAO maybeee you know, since it's in london and all that
Reply 29
domino0806
I'm from London and I've absolutely no idea what that means.

oh dear...
whereabouts exactly?
Reply 30
dreadnaut
I cut out all london slang.

People just dont have a clue what you're saying ....even words you pressumed everyone knew, like beef and douchebag. I mean thats not even regional anymore.....

WTH

Douchebag was never regional because it is an American word.

As for the OP, I don't know. However, when I moved fro mthe West Country to Liverpool, I adpoted Scouse slang (Although it took me a while) otherwise people don't know what you are talking about.
Reggio
17/8... He froze his sperm, and it was only found in the 1990's so...

Oh right. That guy was ahead of his time. :moon:
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK
nottingham, you?

skeen. same here. at least there will be at least ONE person there that will understand me. I'm still scared I'll be out of the loop though when I go and will be slow to pick up new words
No.
Reply 34
Rimipie
loool skn

nah i doubt it, too many neeks 2 many many neeks LMFAO maybeee you know, since it's in london and all that

boy better know reference?:cool:
Rimipie
loool skn

They're neeks, but is their activation energy low enough for them to bang tho?:ahee:

Spoiler

Rimipie
oh dear...
whereabouts exactly?

That's immaterial, no-one I know speaks like that, it's not a London thing, it's just chavspeak.
Reply 37
Rimipie
LOL THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IT'S GONNA BE LIKE

basically i said "hey how are you, i want to dance" LMFAO.

haha i wasnt actually expecting it to mean anything :O especially not that lol .. and people say the welsh are hard to understand .. :p:

:rolleyes:
Reply 38
brokenheroes
to be honest, i'm from london and go to uni in london and find i have a 'uni voice' and a 'home voice'. i talk to my home friends one way and my uni friends another, i have to or my uni friends don't understand. generally they just find it amusing though. teaching a good friend of mine from winchester what the word 'par' means was a definite highlight.

So what does 'par' mean? I'm intrigued. :holmes:
Reply 39
Just talk how you would usually talk :biggrin:
I suppose it doesn't make much difference for me because my uni is close to home so they use the same words.
But at uni I have friends from Ireland, Wales and up north and I have picked up on words they use and unintentionally have started using them, even though my uni is in the south.

Latest

Trending

Trending