The Student Room Group

Need help with politics assignment..

I've got politics as an in depth subject, I think its similar to what you call A levels.. Big mistake as I'm really struggling with the subject :P

I need to write an article about which challenges and opportunities international organizations and other countries face while trying to create peace in conflict areas. I need to pick at least two ongoing conflicts and include both organizations (UN, NATO, EU etc) and states.

I thought the Israel/Palestine conflict might be interesting as it is the only ongoing conflict I can think of where a state (US) is involved.

Also the Screbenica massacre is a good example of challenges organizations face, but as it is not an ongoing conflict I can't use it.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am struggling a lot with this article, politics really isn't my field! :P
Reply 1
Balmain
I've got politics as an in depth subject, I think its similar to what you call A levels.. Big mistake as I'm really struggling with the subject :P

I need to write an article about which challenges and opportunities international organizations and other countries face while trying to create peace in conflict areas. I need to pick at least two ongoing conflicts and include both organizations (UN, NATO, EU etc) and states.

I thought the Israel/Palestine conflict might be interesting as it is the only ongoing conflict I can think of where a state (US) is involved.

Also the Screbenica massacre is a good example of challenges organizations face, but as it is not an ongoing conflict I can't use it.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am struggling a lot with this article, politics really isn't my field! :P

Darfur
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Iraq
Reply 2
AliciaJ703
Darfur
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Iraq

Thanks! I've already written about Afghanistan this year so I think I should choose another, but I'll look into the others. Any suggestions on which would be easier?
Reply 3
Balmain
Thanks! I've already written about Afghanistan this year so I think I should choose another, but I'll look into the others. Any suggestions on which would be easier?

Darfur might be easier and for the others you can also put them together if you like under the banner of 'War on Terrorism.'
Reply 4
Cyprus! The UN have like segregated the island into Greek Cyprian and Turkish, and there's a big no man's land down the middle with border patrols and everything. They like slaughtered eachother. It'll be an interesting one that nobody will think of.
Reply 5
Muffinz
Cyprus! The UN have like segregated the island into Greek Cyprian and Turkish, and there's a big no man's land down the middle with border patrols and everything. They like slaughtered eachother. It'll be an interesting one that nobody will think of.

That's a good one. :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending