The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Its like a nab. You don't get a mark for it but you need your teacher to pass it in order to pass the investigation.

They don't get sent off to the sqa unless your school is moderated.
Reply 2
teendude
mine is a lot of scribbles in a scabby jotter.
The school wants it, although the sqa hasnt asked for them or anything.

The daybook cant make you fail the investigation can it?

My write up is good. Daybook was just scribbles of results...

They can fail you on your daybook so I would try and get it as good as possible in case its moderated - our physics department was moderated last year and several people were failed.

Your daybook should contain information to do with researching and deciding what project you did, the method/procedure, as well as your results. Its a good idea to include copies of your introduction and any graphs or tables in your write up in there too. Just back date entries if necessary.
Reply 3
It's meant to fulfil the guidelines isn't it? It's a just a pass/fail thing

Though to be fair, mine is fairly horrible :biggrin:
Reply 4
TheRabbit
They can fail you on your daybook so I would try and get it as good as possible in case its moderated - our physics department was moderated last year and several people were failed.

Your daybook should contain information to do with researching and deciding what project you did, the method/procedure, as well as your results. Its a good idea to include copies of your introduction and any graphs or tables in your write up in there too. Just back date entries if necessary.

I asked my teacher and she was just kinda like "doesn't matter too much just make sure you have dates and a few notes"

So i showed her it and she said it was fine and showed me other peoples in the class which were two pages long.

So hopefully we just dont get moderated
Reply 5
If you get moderated it wont affect your project mark or ability to get any grade - your teacher will just get grilled, since the sqa would see it as their fault for approving it and not giving you advice.
Reply 6
CJN
If you get moderated it wont affect your project mark or ability to get any grade - your teacher will just get grilled, since the sqa would see it as their fault for approving it and not giving you advice.

Sorry - I'm not trying to be mean - but that is definitely wrong, perhaps if they are moderated retrospectively this is the case but I know people at my school were failed due to moderation.
Reply 7
TheRabbit
Sorry - I'm not trying to be mean - but that is definitely wrong, perhaps if they are moderated retrospectively this is the case but I know people at my school were failed due to moderation.

I was told by my teacher if they pass the day book and afterwards we are moderated then we cannot be failed for it, they just get in trouble.

Thats what my teacher said.
Reply 8
TheRabbit

Were they not given an opportunity to sort their day book out?

Both my daybooks are awful. Just used the book as a place to record results really. Chemistry one in particular has chemicals spilt all over several pages.
Reply 9
Dado Prso
Were they not given an opportunity to sort their day book out?

Both my daybooks are awful. Just used the book as a place to record results really. Chemistry one in particular has chemicals spilt all over several pages.

Yes, but they started with very little in it and didn't properly sort them.

Some sort of evidence it has been used and it it is linked to your write up is all that really is needed (as in I am sure what you have is fine).

They can't take your grade away though if it has already been awarded.
Reply 10
TheRabbit
Yes, but they started with very little in it and didn't properly sort them.

Some sort of evidence it has been used and it it is linked to your write up is all that really is needed (as in I am sure what you have is fine).

They can't take your grade away though if it has already been awarded.

Wouldn't the school know if they were being moderated by the last week in april?
or do the SQA like to keep them on their toes?
teendude
Wouldn't the school know if they were being moderated by the last week in april?
or do the SQA like to keep them on their toes?

I think they get a days warning, unless you are told you are going to be moderated I would probably not bother too much about your daybook as you have obviously used it even if it isn't terribly neat- if it does get moderated then the teacher will tell you how to sort it anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending