The Student Room Group
Reply 1
mrs1mop
With only three A level passes so not enough points (as I understand it) for uni and too many qualifications to be eligible for free Btech course, could someone please tell me where to get the best advice Central London!) as to options for studying for higher education at 19+? Thank you

What a-levels did you get? I'm sure you can get into some places if you wanted with what you already have... =)
Reply 2
When you say a pass do you mean at grade E?
Reply 3
I think you have a chance. Maybe you should check out rankings tables and see what scores the unis need (on average) and start searching around in there.
Reply 4
Thank you Blue Banana, though I'm enquiring on somone's behalf. They are either D or E. I'm not sure. The certs simply say PASS

I have looked at the ucas tables and I really can't figure them out.

Thank nyou both for your response.
Reply 5
BlueBanana
When you say a pass do you mean at grade E?

They are D.

Is there an easy way to check for universities that will accept D's that you know of?
Reply 6
Rain82
What a-levels did you get? I'm sure you can get into some places if you wanted with what you already have... =)

Do you know of of way to check universities that will accept D's without having to go through each if them?

Thank you
Reply 7
Without having to go through each one of them!
Reply 8
mrs1mop
Without having to go through each one of them!

Maybe there is a way, but not that I'm aware of
to help narrow it down though
are they only looking for courses in London or anywhere in the UK?
what degree do they want to do?
a 'D' at a-level equals 60 points, i think unis such as middlesex offer 180-200 ucas points for some courses, but again I'm not too sure
Take a look at the foundation year courses offered by universities - most are very flexible on entry grades.
Reply 10
Thank you both very much.
Reply 11
Is a foundation year the same as a foundation degree??
Reply 12
Thank you all

Latest

Trending

Trending