The Student Room Group

The Marmite Lovers Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Ahh marmite... This thread just reminded me how much i love it :smile:
Marmite on toast right now I think !
Reply 101
mmmmm marmite :smile:
I tried putting a spoonful of marmite in my spag bol.. but I couldn't taste it :frown:
Reply 103
Zebrastripes
I tried putting a spoonful of marmite in my spag bol.. but I couldn't taste it :frown:

You need moar then!

Marmite XO review sometime this evening.

Also, want:

Reply 104
Oh I like marmite! Has anyone tried Bovril? What IS it?
Reply 105
My tea. With maaahmite of course.

Reply 106
does it exsist yet??
i squeezy marmited some chips the other day, it was fine foodage
Reply 107
-WhySoSerious?

LMAO :biggrin:

slander!! you fool :naughty:

:mad:

side note- my guinness marmite has been lost in transit, i was gonna use the starting of this soc as an excuse to omnomnomnomnom the lot :frown:
Reply 108
fran.ha

What is "tea" to you? Lunch??
Reply 109
Bexxxx
What is "tea" to you? Lunch??

No.

This is confusing.

To me it goes breakfast, lunch, dinner. However tea is a mysertious meal that pops up occasionally in my vocabulary. It is eaten at around 4pm, it could be a cup of tea and a bit of cake. Boiled egg comes under the "tea" category, as does spaghetti hoops and fish fingers, ravioli from a tin, macaroni cheese and white bread sandwiches with hundreds and thousands and lots of butter cut into squares.
s'a northern thing :P
Reply 111
-WhySoSerious?
s'a northern thing :P

I'm southern. I think tea is like something your gran gives you when you get home from school.
Reply 112
I SEEEE. Yeah it is a bit confusing. My dad calls lunch dinner sometimes. Whaaat.
fran.ha

http://i41.tinypic.com/outvdk.jpg]

Nice.
Was browsing and I foun this.

I guess you could say this guy is a Marmite fan.

Spoiler

The News article.

It's pretty old, but still cool.
And relevant.
Ever tried marmite with.....porridge?! :coma: :mmm:
Zebrastripes

You need to put it in pretty last minute I find.
mikeyd85
You need to put it in pretty last minute I find.

Thanks, I'll try that next time. Maybe cos I made three peoples worth I needed more than a tsp.
Zebrastripes
Thanks, I'll try that next time. Maybe cos I made three peoples worth I needed more than a tsp.

Nah, I doubt it. Literally 1/3 of a tea spoon can be tasted in a 2 - 3 man dish.
Reply 118
Marmite XO verdict:

Was lovely but very strong. Couldn't have it for more than one slice of toast. It was a slightly more tangy and bitter taste but still lovely.

I think it would work quite well in recipes where normal marmite can tend to get absorbed into the flavour too much.

Here is a sneaky picture of it being sampled :colone:

nomnomnomomnomnomon

Had a ham, cheese (double gloucester) and marmite toastie on Warburtons toastie bread. It was, obviously, amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest