Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Technical problem

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a technical problem: When I search for posts made by a certain user, I am not able to view more than the first page of results.

For instance, I was searching for my own posts: http://www.uk-learning.net/search.ph...d=39259-1.html

There were 2 pages of results. When I click on [2] in order to view the second page, I get back to the first page!

That's been happening quite often now.

The same happens, when I look at the members list. If I look at the list of members whose names start with "Z", I get two pages of result. However, it is impossible to get to the second page.

Is it just me or do other people have the same problem?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    I have a technical problem: When I search for posts made by a certain user, I am not able to view more than the first page of results.

For instance, I was searching for my own posts: http://www.uk-learning.net/search.ph...d=39259-1.html

There were 2 pages of results. When I click on [2] in order to view the second page, I get back to the first page!

That's been happening quite often now.

The same happens, when I look at the members list. If I look at the list of members whose names start with "Z", I get two pages of result. However, it is impossible to get to the second page.

Is it just me or do other people have the same problem?
    I have the same problem too... but I'm not too bothered anymore.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes, everyone has that problem. It's a fault in the VBulletin design, not your computer.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Yes, everyone has that problem. It's a fault in the VBulletin design, not your computer.
    sorry, hopefully will be sorted soon, in the mean time, add &page=2 into the adresss bar
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    sorry, hopefully will be sorted soon, in the mean time, add &page=2 into the adresss bar
    This problem has been around for as long as I can remember (yesterday). It would be just super if it were to be fixed...!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    This problem has been around for as long as I can remember (yesterday). It would be just super if it were to be fixed...!
    upgrade to vb3 soon i hope
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    upgrade to vb3 soon i hope
    and how soon is soon?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    and how soon is soon?
    whenever its released prob
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    whenever its released prob
    seeing as this is a beta tester, is it free? and how much will the actual version cost?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    seeing as this is a beta tester, is it free? and how much will the actual version cost?
    You pay once (either a one-off payment for an indefinite license or a smaller yearly payment to renew your license each year) and you get free access to all versions (past, current and present) of vBulletin including beta versions. d has already paid for his license (I assume the indefinite license, as this is much better value unless you only intend to use it for a year or so). So as soon as the complete version 3 is released I assume d will be upgrading...

Even to use beta (or other pre-release) versions you must have a valid license.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    You pay once (either a one-off payment for an indefinite license or a smaller yearly payment to renew your license each year) and you get free access to all versions (past, current and present) of vBulletin including beta versions. d has already paid for his license (I assume the indefinite license, as this is much better value unless you only intend to use it for a year or so). So as soon as the complete version 3 is released I assume d will be upgrading...

Even to use beta (or other pre-release) versions you must have a valid license.
    How much do the lisences cost?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    How much do the lisences cost?
    http://www.vbulletin.com/order/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/order/
    Isn't there a free forum thing? like phpbox or something like that. Why don't we use that instead?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Isn't there a free forum thing? like phpbox or something like that. Why don't we use that instead?
    Yeah, there are loads of free ones. phpBB is a particular good free one, which is almost, if not as good as vBulletin (although I don't know where it will stand when vBulletin 3 comes out). However, vBulletin does have a large userbase and thus a very large number of 'hacks' which are board mods you can download to add some extra functionality etc.

d makes this decision and if he's already paid the vBulletin license, he may as well use it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there are loads of free ones. phpBB is a particular good free one, which is almost, if not as good as vBulletin (although I don't know where it will stand when vBulletin 3 comes out). However, vBulletin does have a large userbase and thus a very large number of 'hacks' which are board mods you can download to add some extra functionality etc.

d makes this decision and if he's already paid the vBulletin license, he may as well use it.
    Your forum link thing is taking ages to load up...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Your forum link thing is taking ages to load up...
    Hmm... it's instant for me... I wouldn't bother too much thought, there's not much there!
Updated: January 2, 2004
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.