The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
chatty_chick
Hey all! I'm gonna be living on floor 18 of Stafford, and i wanna get to no my roomies! Come say hi!! :smile:

Hi ya!
Im in stafford tower but on floor 14.
I dont live too far from Birmingham but i cant wait to stay in the accommodation-it will b like a big long holiday!
Wat r u studying?
xxx
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Hi! I'm studying human Psych! wat about you? I live near London and don't no ne1 in Birm, gonna be all by my lonesome! hence tryin to get to no some ppl on here... do u no many ppl goin? i cant wait to go, its gonna be a whole new life :biggrin: will miss my babes tho :frown: we can even get the same lift as we both live on even floor numbers!! lol how odd that the lifts run to odd and even seperately go figure!
Reply 3
hey, i'l be stayin in stafford tower on floor 13!! hopefully wont be 2 unlucky tho lol.
Reply 4
stoo
hey, i'l be stayin in stafford tower on floor 13!! hopefully wont be 2 unlucky tho lol.

Im sure it will b fine.
Wat r u studying?
13 is only unlucky for SOME! Not u!
xxx
Reply 5
chatty_chick
Hi! I'm studying human Psych! wat about you? I live near London and don't no ne1 in Birm, gonna be all by my lonesome! hence tryin to get to no some ppl on here... do u no many ppl goin? i cant wait to go, its gonna be a whole new life :biggrin: will miss my babes tho :frown: we can even get the same lift as we both live on even floor numbers!! lol how odd that the lifts run to odd and even seperately go figure!

Im studying accounting for management. I know sum1 from my college and is also a close friend that happens to be studying the same course but dont know ne1 goin 2 live in stafford tower.
Thats the fun of it tho-gettin to know new people!
Yey-sounds fun, it is very wierd how the lifts run on even and odd-2 b honest its news to me. I knew the ones in the main building did but not in the accommodation!?
U moving in on Sat 24th or Sun 25th?
xxx
Reply 6
I got STAFFORD - FLOOR 6
Stafford Floor 9!
Reply 8
Looks like we'll have sumone from evry floor soon!
Reply 9
i may be able to get pictures of stafford if you want them :smile:
Reply 10
They r on the website.
Aston sent me a 'living room' cd rom once but its exactly the same pics as on the aston website.
try this link and then go to high rise
http://www.aston.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/
xxx
Reply 11
Yeah i thought the pictures were particularly unenlightening. im actually a bit worried about livin in only a lil room :confused: its gonna make going home feel like luxury! Don't know if my mum will complain more or less about me treatin it like a hotel...

I'm not sure wen to move in, i think i'll go on the 24th tho, so i will be a lil more settled in, explore the uni and so forth... what about everyone else?

I've never been to Birmingham before so i think i may get lost! whats the night scene like, anyone know?
Reply 12
it not that easy to get lost...........the bullring will guide u to the centre...aunties will be available for showing you around during freshers week..........the nightlife is quite good that is both broad street and hurst street(gay area)............although the rooms look small they aren't actually too bad to live in.......most people will probably move in on the 24th/25th......

Kt
xx
Reply 13
Cheers Kt! Could you get hold of those pictures? Im like dyin to see where im gonna be livin!
Reply 14
im there too, floor 16 if i remember correctly
hey im in stafford too, floor 11. im studying marketting so the same 1st yr as qt a few of the businness school ppl on here. chattychick i kno absoulutely no1 in aston either, makes it even more fun. gona be coming up on the 24th. c u all then
gatecrashing your site- my friends starting in stafford- floor 16 im pretty certain she said, and is doing psych- im gonna have to mention this post to her cos she's dying to meet people already!
Reply 17
what rooms are you all in, i can tell you roughly what they are like
Reply 18
dude2005
what rooms are you all in, i can tell you roughly what they are like

Floor 14, room 4
r u livin there now then?
Reply 19
im living in these private halls about a min from the uni.

room 4 is by the kitchen by the front door, never went in a room 4 though.

Latest