The Student Room Group

Student Finance - Dependants

My mum's filling in her section of the student finance application. She's got to the section on dependants and it's really confusing.

It asks:
For the financial year 2008/2009. Do you have any child dependants not in Further or Higher Education?

Then:
You have indicated that you have dependants who are not in further education or higher education, and are totally or mainly financially dependant on you between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010. Please enter the details below and click ‘Add dependant’.

Please review and amend the details of any dependants who are not in Further or Higher Education and who will be totally or mainly financially dependant on you between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011.

My younger brother was in Secondary School in the year 08-09. He is currently having a year out (09-10) and will be in college from September (10-11).
So, the answer to the first and second bit would be no, as my brother wasn't/isn't in further education. In the same bit it seems to think that he will still not be in further or higher education in 10-11 so do I put him down or not? There isn't an option for him not having been in further or higher education in the past 2 years, but will be next year so does anyone know what to do?

I hope this makes sense, I don't know how to word it any clearer!
Reply 1
Original post by Meeee :)
My mum's filling in her section of the student finance application. She's got to the section on dependants and it's really confusing.

It asks:

Then:

My younger brother was in Secondary School in the year 08-09. He is currently having a year out (09-10) and will be in college from September (10-11).
So, the answer to the first and second bit would be no, as my brother wasn't/isn't in further education. In the same bit it seems to think that he will still not be in further or higher education in 10-11 so do I put him down or not? There isn't an option for him not having been in further or higher education in the past 2 years, but will be next year so does anyone know what to do?

I hope this makes sense, I don't know how to word it any clearer!

I'm in the same situation now! Did you find out?
Reply 2
I think my mum just put him down as being a dependent. No one ever questioned it so I'm guessing it was fine!

Quick Reply

Latest