The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

What Gyms are there in Huddersfield?

Hi

I'm gonna be studying at Hudds in September. Gonna be a first year again! Youth and Community Work ftw :biggrin:

Anyway, i'm wondering what gyms there are in Huddersfield as i've been living in the gym lately. What's the University one like? I didn't even ask when i was there. I forgot!

I need decent free weights in there and a nice friendly gym would be nice (not one full of angry meatheads). I swim a lot as well so i need to find a decent pool as well!
Reply 1
theres the university gym
then the huddersfield public one

theres also a gym set up by a former student http://www.hd1mma.com/

plus theres a fitness first and total fitness gyms but they are a trek away
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Uni gym dont have pool but its very cheap. If u buy one year membership it will cost u around £60. Its small and near uni but very crowdy between 6-8pm. And it works on weekend only till 4pm. Dont know anything about another ones, except if u gonna live in Aspley Hall you gonna have a discount for the membership.
If you're living in a gym, you might need better equipment than the Uni gym can provide. It's a bit of a trek again, but the Uni's American Football team have been training at Top Bodies. It doesn't have too many "angry meatheads"!

I'd send you a link to the gym's website, but I'm not sure they've got one...
Oh, and as for pools, the Huddersfield Sports Centre is a little shabby, and due for being replaced fairly soon. They've not even started building the new one yet, so your guess is as good as mine as to whether it might be ready for when you finish uni!
Reply 5
I currently go to Stadium Health and Fitness which is as you've already guessed:wink: next to the Football stadium. The staff are so friendly, the equipment and facilities are second to none. Two rooms chock full of the lastest cardio equipment, and a great free weights room too, A massive pool and a second small pool with sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. Membership also gets you access to all their classes which run all week. I pay £40 a month but i graduated last year and am working full time now. My girlfirend pays £29 a month student membership, so as your a student its definitly worth looking at. Kirklees Active Leisure are a charity which run the Stadium gym and Huddersfield Sports Centre. So you can sign up at the Stadium and if your ever feeling lazy you can use Hudds Sports centre to save walking down to the stadium.
I havent done this as the Sports Centre is very run down as someone else said. I also had membership at Aspley Hall, Storthes hall and the university gyms over my three years, these are all staffed by nice people and a little cheaper but the facilities dont match up to the stadium. It has everythig you'd ever need. Hope that helps! If you need any more info let me know

Latest

Trending

Trending