The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hands down, Lansdowne College
Reply 2
why do u say that?
the_wizzz
why do u say that?

Because it has the highest A-level score averages of all independent A-level colleges in central London, trumping DLD, MPW, and the like..
Reply 4
do you have a link pls?
the_wizzz
do you have a link pls?

www.lansdownecollege.com - I'm starting there in September for their One Year A-level program. I'm taking two more A-level than I already have.
Reply 6
do you have to pay fees?
Reply 8
yeahyeahyeahs
do you have to pay fees?

Yes, they range from 12.5-15 grand per year.
Reply 9
could u pls say why these colleges are the best as they all seem to be exactly the same
Reply 10
the_wizzz
could u pls say why these colleges are the best as they all seem to be exactly the same

The main things with all is the smaller class sizes, more individual attention and more one on one, intensive teaching. This is then reflected in the +95% A grade exam results. Also, the teachers are specifically trained to deal with resit students and work out the best plan of action for each individual students so that they can get the grades they want to study at a uni of their choice and course. For Duff Miller anyway. Also, DM is in London, and I've noticed you're in Soton.
Reply 11
Also, the teachers are some of the best in the country. The notes you will be given will be as coherent as you can get.
Reply 12
is that duff?
Reply 13
ok, i think i'm ruling out mpw cos they seem to be all show...now it's between abbey, lansdowne and duff...pls help!
Reply 14
fonzievision
Hands down, Lansdowne College

Hello,my friend might going to retake a year in MPW London,but compare the fees,Lansdowne is cheaper than MPW( 3 subjects for 15813,but Lansdowne is about 12000).but the thing is ,she is a foreingn student,does Lansdowne do accomadation?
Reply 15
the fees are not of great importance. it's just the college which is best at ucas and has the best links
Reply 16
I would recommend Collingham, which is widely regarded as one of the best in London. The above are good too. :smile:
Reply 17
gosh, there is so much to choose from! how do you know which to go for!
Reply 18
The bottom line is if you work hard at any of these colleges listed above then you should reach your maximum potential.

Just use avergage a level score etc as a base to your decision.
Reply 19
If you attend any of these tutorial colleges you'll produce the goods. Visit them; get a 'feel' of the place and speak to the tutors. Ask yourself whether you can imagine yourself studying there for the next year. :smile:

Latest