I have also been given a place there!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
jlennard
I have also been given a place there!

Great! Hope we will have more company soon. What are you going to be doing? I will be studying law
Reply 3
hy replied to my offer today :biggrin: can't wait now
Reply 4
mflow
Great! Hope we will have more company soon. What are you going to be doing? I will be studying law

i will be studying Business Management!
I got a place at Ancaster too!! woo hoo! :biggrin:
Also got a place at Ancaster! :biggrin: should be good! I'm doing Neuroscience.
Reply 7
ANCASTER! I swear, there's so few people on the Student Room that actually have picked Ancaster XD.

But yes, I have my place and I'm an unconditional offer so I'm definitely going to be at Ancaster this 2010 (: Studying Psychology!
Reply 8
Im glad I found this thread, I was beginning to think no one else had applied to ancaster! I've seen a few people saying its ugly, I havent acutally seen it, does anyone know if its nice?
Reply 9
great:smile: at least we know there are 7 of us at ancaster. Have not seen the the halls but I am sure it will be pretty much like the others at least on the inside. Anyone knows how many floors there are in each block and if there are lifts:smile:?
ourkizuna
ANCASTER! I swear, there's so few people on the Student Room that actually have picked Ancaster XD.

But yes, I have my place and I'm an unconditional offer so I'm definitely going to be at Ancaster this 2010 (: Studying Psychology!

Ooooo i have an unconditional offer for psychology too! and i'm on a gap year! :smile:

i went to an open day and had an accommodation tour which happened to be in ancaster. it's nice enough and the dining hall's pretty big, the rooms aren't massive but not cramped either. i didnt really notice but i think there's like 4 floors. i did see that there is a lift :smile: ooo and the JCR is really nice, not sure how it'd fit 250 (or however many people are in ancaster) people though :s-smilie:

it's not too ugly, granted it's not the prettiest of the halls but it's definitely not the most hideous.
I'm just happy to have en-suite!! hahaa

anywho, hope that clears a few things up :smile:
Reply 11
Thanks for the info! So happy to hear there are lifts:smile:
Reply 12
I'll be setting up camp in Ancaster halls to study Architecture :smile:
I'll be studying History and English at Nottingham come September. I'm coming for a semester from Australia (I feel I should apologise!) and i'm really looking forward to the experience. I got a shared private bathroom....I just couldn't share with more than one person. Shudder at the mess.
Reply 14
bevy-bell-bez
Ooooo i have an unconditional offer for psychology too! and i'm on a gap year! :smile:

i went to an open day and had an accommodation tour which happened to be in ancaster. it's nice enough and the dining hall's pretty big, the rooms aren't massive but not cramped either. i didnt really notice but i think there's like 4 floors. i did see that there is a lift :smile: ooo and the JCR is really nice, not sure how it'd fit 250 (or however many people are in ancaster) people though :s-smilie:

it's not too ugly, granted it's not the prettiest of the halls but it's definitely not the most hideous.
I'm just happy to have en-suite!! hahaa

anywho, hope that clears a few things up :smile:

Ohh! Didn't see this until now but WOO! :biggrin: Glad there's another gap year student at Ancaster too. Otherwise I'd be one of the only ones older than the rest of the year XD.

Yeah, the dining room is nice as is the JCR. It's small but I'm sure we can manage? :P Hahah~

What course are you doing? I'm getting excited about doing in a month ^-^
Reply 15
Just received my confirmation that I have a place at Ancaster today.
So relieved I got an en-suite haha.
I'm studying management and will have to travel to Jubilee most days so does anyone know which is the quickest way to get there?
Reply 16
kenty0092
Just received my confirmation that I have a place at Ancaster today.
So relieved I got an en-suite haha.
I'm studying management and will have to travel to Jubilee most days so does anyone know which is the quickest way to get there?

There should be a bus that runs from UP to Jubilee. I'm not 100% sure but I believe there was. (I was going to apply for accommodation up in Jubilee at one point so I think I was told that if I did, I could get the bus to get to my UP lectures). (:
I was in Ancaster last year, any questions just ask.
Reply 18
Andrew_2006
I was in Ancaster last year, any questions just ask.

What's the hall like? Quickest route to get to Jubilee? How's the food? haha.

Cheers for any replies
Reply 19
Got any photos of the standard Ensuite room? :P

Latest

Trending

Trending