The Student Room Group
I use an HP Hx4700 and love it
Reply 2
I'm looking at the Dell Axim X30, looks wicked! I need to stay organised, im pretty forgetfull and unorganised :biggrin:
Reply 3
I've erm, 'acquired' my dads old HP Jornada 680. Mainly because it can connect to the unis wireless network with a normal laptop card, and it has a keyboard!

http://www.pdamania.hu/images/machines/jornada_680.jpg < theres one sitting on its docking station, you can pick them up for £50 on eBay these days.
I have a iPaq h4150, an old-ish model, but its very small and light, bluetooth and wireless, comes in very handy :biggrin: and only about £100
Reply 5
Really tempted to buy the Axim, it is £206, was £255 from dell!
Reply 6
I got the XDA 2 which is a phone and PDA rolled into one....Its fantastic! I use it for EVERYTHING.....!

Its got a camera, runs on Pocket PC2003 and u can easily surf the interenet at a reasonable speed. General it's really useful....I got mine from the 02 website...think i paid 50 quid for the phone and now pay monthly contract of £20 wher i get 450 offpeak any network minutes and 50 free txts. It works out pretty well....over the year will totally come to £290....which sounds alot but if u consider all the fone calls and stuff u get....it works out cheaper then buyin just a PDA...
Reply 7
Hmm i don't use my phone much (I get 300 free txts a month) and i don't really want a contract phone.

I can't really afford the one from dell at the moment but their offer ends 21st september and i get paid on the 9th so i will get it then :biggrin:
Reply 8
limited use imho. I had a zire 71 for a while and used it less and less. Uni is really not that demanding time wise. 15 lectures a week...a scrap of paper to make a table and yer set!
Reply 9
Maybe i should just get a basic one to keep me organised? (Not just Uni, generally!) Not a fancy one with wireless etc
Reply 10
luzern tech (google 'em) do the Palms, refurb, for a good price. if you download agendus and shove it on a Tungsten E (or T) or a Zire, that'll organise anyone. Put 'Docs to Go' on there and you can view/edit MS-Office files. Anything more than that is just a gimmick - cameras, wifi etc -which, if you need it, cost a fat premium.

That's even more the case if you're ot sure if it is what you're really after. I eBayed my Zire 71 and it got to more than I'd paid for it 6mo ago from Luzern! Then I cancelled the auction as i decided i still quiet liked it! :rolleyes:
I've got an ipaq 4150 with a bluetooth keyboard...it'll be useful for lectures rather than lugging my laptop around campus.
I only use mine as an MP3 player - bluetooth stereo headphones :top:
Reply 13
Hi there,
I'm also thinking of buying an PDA but haven't decided for anythign spec yet. How is the market for programs to them today? Can I get like dictionaries and stuff? And how personalizable are they?
Reply 14
Just organising yourself using a timetable created in Microsoft Excel on your laptop should do. no need for a PDA

Latest

Trending

Trending