The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*Star*Guitar*
My friend has been promised the same - I told her to tell her mum about my deal in order to try and re-negotiate!
Yeah its Louboutins if I get a 2:1, and £500 towards my book wish list (which stands about about £700+ currently) if I get a first.
I'd love to get a first and get my hands on those books (my mum reallly wants me to get a first lol), but I'm no genius so I'm just working really hard at it and hoping for a miracle!

However . . i guess there is no harm in me actually saving for a pair?? . . :tongue: . . . Ooo what books are on your wishlist if you don't mind me asking?

If I was going to get a first I think I would have needed a straight run of Firsts from the start of the year, or perhaps from last year to give me a boost, but it's impossible now and considering I have just got one assignment back {result = Desmond} and I have an exam in that module and im not too confident with my diss due to my wazzuck supervisor = can't do it!

EDIT: What Louboutins do you have your eyes on?? . .Would :love: a pair of these . . .
Reply 21
Well you've worked 3 years for that moment....
DancinBallerina
However . . i guess there is no harm in me actually saving for a pair?? . . :tongue: . . . Ooo what books are on your wishlist if you don't mind me asking?

If I was going to get a first I think I would have needed a straight run of Firsts from the start of the year, or perhaps from last year to give me a boost, but it's impossible now and considering I have just got one assignment back {result = Desmond} and I have an exam in that module and im not too confident with my diss due to my wazzuck supervisor = can't do it!

EDIT: What Louboutins do you have your eyes on?? . .Would :love: a pair of these . . .

Even though my 40 pairs of shoes comes to about £2k, it feels extra wrong to buy a designer pair myself! My mum doesn't agree with such materialism but luckily that doesn't stretch to denying herself buying me a pair!

My book wish list is mainly non-fiction; books that my degree has made me want to read more on like economics and capitalism, and then books on cooking, fashion, music etc.

I know its hard to have a little faith, and its still an ambitious thing to aim for, but there's no harm in trying for a first now we're close to the finish. I'm aiming for it because, although I know I'd be bloody lucky to actually get a first, at least I know I'd still end up with 65-69% and I'd still be really happy with that. This is coming from someone who's had enough desmonds in the first two years but worked to avoid them this year!

Oh, and the pair I want are very similar to yours; I just can't help having the heel a bit higher! :p:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/48414?resType=single&keywords=decollette
*Star*Guitar*
Even though my 40 pairs of shoes comes to about £2k, it feels extra wrong to buy a designer pair myself! My mum doesn't agree with such materialism but luckily that doesn't stretch to denying herself buying me a pair!

My book wish list is mainly non-fiction; books that my degree has made me want to read more on like economics and capitalism, and then books on cooking, fashion, music etc.

I know its hard to have a little faith, and its still an ambitious thing to aim for, but there's no harm in trying for a first now we're close to the finish. I'm aiming for it because, although I know I'd be bloody lucky to actually get a first, at least I know I'd still end up with 65-69% and I'd still be really happy with that. This is coming from someone who's had enough desmonds in the first two years but worked to avoid them this year!

Oh, and the pair I want are very similar to yours; I just can't help having the heel a bit higher! :p:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/48414?resType=single&keywords=decollette

LoL I went to Harrods with my mum back in March { London trip as part of my dissertation - conducted interview with big boss man @ the Met.} and I hunted down the whole store for the Louboutins until I found the concession . . I was like OMG . .S H O E S . . .my mum was like ''Ow much?'' . . lol The one's you've posted I tried on and they are immense {abit high for me as already a 5ft 9-er} but they are gorg. = :yep: fab choice you've chosen.

I will still try. Although kinda had a knock back this week with an assignment I spent ages doing and got 57%, which reduced me to tears as my usual mark is 60 - 69. But as my friends and mum have said . . keep going and still aim for the highest mark . . . .
Reply 24
As long as its a 2:1 or above, yes. If it isn't, I have a feeling that I will be busy...
DancinBallerina
The one's you've posted I tried on and they are immense {abit high for me as already a 5ft 9-er} but they are gorg. = :yep: fab choice you've chosen.

I will still try. Although kinda had a knock back this week with an assignment I spent ages doing and got 57%, which reduced me to tears as my usual mark is 60 - 69. But as my friends and mum have said . . keep going and still aim for the highest mark . . . .

Ah see, I'm only 5'4" so even with my choice of Louboutins I wouldn't be as tall as you!
I think the style is a good choice though - great for work and play. Since I don't have a clue when I'll manage to get my hands on another pair, I think its best to play it safe than buy a crazily fashionable pair that I wouldn't be able to wear so much.

Yeah I've had tears myself lol; my tutor said on Weds that he doesn't think I'll get over 64%, but then he's a lecturer for one of my subjects and its my least fave so no wonder he hasn't seen me at my best :mad:
Just think how great it will be once its over, you can relax and have a good summer knowing you've tried your best, which is all anyone can ask for.
I'm sure you'll get a 2:1, and I hope that you do just so you feel more inclined to go to your graduation because I think its a great way of celebrating something you've spent three years on!
Parents want to - i don't want to. Will see on the day but hopefully i get my way and if they want to take photos they can take the photos themselves.

Makes no difference to any other school that i've finished
Zebrastripes
Hmm... I don't want to but my mum is kind of forcing me to. I don't know anyone in my class as I'm gradutaing a year after my year group and didn't attend lectures this year. I really really wish I didn't have to go. Uni has been hell, the last thing I need is a photo reminding me of it! Although, I don't know when I need to buy tickets or what not.

Sorry to hear...What Uni do you go to?
*Star*Guitar*
Ah see, I'm only 5'4" so even with my choice of Louboutins I wouldn't be as tall as you!
I think the style is a good choice though - great for work and play. Since I don't have a clue when I'll manage to get my hands on another pair, I think its best to play it safe than buy a crazily fashionable pair that I wouldn't be able to wear so much.

Yeah I've had tears myself lol; my tutor said on Weds that he doesn't think I'll get over 64%, but then he's a lecturer for one of my subjects and its my least fave so no wonder he hasn't seen me at my best :mad:
Just think how great it will be once its over, you can relax and have a good summer knowing you've tried your best, which is all anyone can ask for.
I'm sure you'll get a 2:1, and I hope that you do just so you feel more inclined to go to your graduation because I think its a great way of celebrating something you've spent three years on!

Yea those CL's I have my eye on are the only classic pair that I thought were low enough for me . .no point me buying a pair of 4'' as I don't need the height :tongue: lol.

I think I am also getting worked up because I sense a lot of pressure from lecturers; my marks for the past two years have been consistent so it's only right I finish on a good classification. If I don't I will feel incredibly embarrassed and more so upset. I have had 3 days off to just calm down and etc, and will get back to the work later today . . .
I have always dreamt of going to graduation since seeing it on tv and starting university and not only that it'll be a chance to close a chapter in my life once and for all - that is why I hope to obtain the 2:1. But if it's not meant to be = won't be going! . . Have thought about it long and hard and have decided on that - BUT will try and think positive that I WILL do it and leave in December with a :smile: on my face.
Yup I'll be there, my best mate and I went to the same uni and we've got the same graduation session. Photos have to be taken :smile: also my dad would never talk to me again if he didn't get to see me graduate.
*Sparkle*
my dad would never talk to me again if he didn't get to see me graduate.

lol i've never understood why parents are so obsessed with that :confused:
I'm going :biggrin: And i'll be pleased as f*** with a 2.2 :yep:

Our graduation, £39 for the gown - we don't get hats, and your classification does get read out. Well, it'll be first class - names in alphabetical order, second class upper division - names etc etc

Haven't actually booked anything yet bar saying i'm going and requesting tickets (we have to say if we're going before we get results), so need to do that at some point. I'm having my full name read out which i don't want but my mom was getting all worked up about it - and yeah, 84 days to go :p:

-x-
Reply 32
dunoooooooooooooooo
I'd like to, but I live abroad so I don't think it will be possible for me unless I want to fly back just for that, but I don't really want to. I am not so fussed about the ceremony, as I don't like sitting around ages waiting for my name in so many when I don't even know most of the people probably...
but I would like photos in the gown with friends... :-/ to have the closure of it & mark the achievement...

I already had a High School Graduation American-style though too as I went to an International school. So in one way, I have already experienced something like that. But at the same time I want the final graduation from uni too and the other grad (high school) was probably one of the most amazing days ever... so hmm.
Need to decide still.
Reply 34
I don't want to. Expensive and at an awkward time.

I wouldn't mind the price, but all of my University friends are from other subjects (and some other years), so it'd be me bored sitting in a cathedral for a while :awesome:
Reply 35
I didn't get to go to mine and i regret not going incredibly. It's probably been the most important day in my life so far and i couldn't take part, i wish i'd done everything i could have done to have gone. I wish i could turn back the clock.
mine isn't for 2 years but I read £94 on this thread, bit much isn't it? If mine's that much then they can stick it, already had enough money after 3 years as it is
I think so, I'll probably hold my first day working as an RN and recieving my pin as a bit more special though!

However would be nice to have a celebration of 3long years, and give my parents a memory aswell! I think i'll go regardless of what i get, they dont read it out- just the level you graduate at (ie degree, diploma etc)
I went to mine, and loved it.

The day felt like closure for my degree; if I had just gone home after the exams and never came back fro graduation it would have felt like a huge anticlimax. There's only one chance to get the photos in the gown and experience the event, so why risk any regret in the future? It's not that expensive, and is only for a few hours
When you're sat there having listened to a 10 minute speech telling you how fantastic your university is, followed by 200 people drifting across a stage in ridiculous clothing, you can't help but think: "is this it?". My advice is not to bother. It definitely isn't worth all the expense: dress, guest tickets, petrol, a days holiday. Use the money to go out for decent meal or something.

Latest

Trending

Trending