The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well at my school you don't "learn" anything. The exams are infact quite easy (I got 100% and a few other people on these forums did likewise)

There are three papers:

Society, Politics and the Economy

Culture, Morality, Arts & Humanities

Science, Maths and Technology

If you have any more questions then just ask.
Reply 21
JaF
Did anyone apply to Trinity College Cambridge. What was the outcome? I didn't want to post a seperate thread but it was a nightmare trawling through the 100+ pages of the ongoing Cambridge thread.

Joe

I applied for maths and got an offer: AAB + 1,1 on STEP II/III. A fair bit more risky than A-levels, but here's hoping. :smile:
Reply 22
last year we had lectures from outside people on things like fair trade, humanism, the middle east etc, but this year we dont get anything, just a mock exam on tuesday. its all really mucked up though because if u do maths and science subjects you can blag your way through the other papers but if u dont do maths or science then youre really screwed when you get all thes emaths questions...or at least i was :s-smilie:
Reply 23
Igor
so u don't have classes for it?

No we do have classes but most of it is so easy its comical. That makes me sound arrogant but the work is probably only just above GCSE standard.

EDIT: If anyone's heard from Trinity still post in this thread even if its wandered off topic (not that I really mind about that)
Reply 24
JaF
If anyone's heard from Trinity still post in this thread even if its wandered off topic (not that I really mind about that)

I'm still waiting for my reply. it should be in the post somewhere. that's the cost of living outside UK.

JaF, ya put a communist Avatar? :smile:
Fair enough, I didn't want your house number or anything I was just wondering. I live on the edge of the Lake Disrict. Well done on your results, they make mine look rather bad:

300/300 General Studies
271/300 Physics
259/300 Mathematics <-Resiting P1
248/300 Chemistry <- Resiting it all
238/300 History <- resiting the paper I got a low B on.

Don't be stupid, they're great results. Quite a few people in my school would kill for those (although not literally). They're all A apart from history and that's very close.

After all, if you got an offer for Cambridge you must be good!

Thanks for understanding the location issue - I don't want any jealous people hunting me down :tongue:

I did General Sudies and all we did for AS is chat about random stuff depending on what subject teacher we got that week. For A2 we have had more structured lessons, still mostly conversations, but no language help yet!

You do know paper 4 has a foreign language don't you?
Reply 26
androidkiller
Don't be stupid, they're great results. Quite a few people in my school would kill for those (although not literally). They're all A apart from history and that's very close.

....You do know paper 4 has a foreign language don't you?

I am pleased with my results the only reason I want them to be higher is because I don't want to miss my offer of AAA - it takes the pressure off if you know you have good marks in the bank allready.

I'm probably going to do some extra language revision - like get a GCSE German CD-ROM because I think it would be quite nice to have 100% at an A-level even if it is General Studies. Realistically I can't see me getting 100% again this year but its worth a shot.

Igor
JaF, ya put a communist Avatar? :smile:

Its a good conversation piece, I have also got Marx in my signature by the way. I'm not a communist though. However, I am very interested in communism and in particular Trotskyism. You a communist?
JaF
I am pleased with my results the only reason I want them to be higher is because I don't want to miss my offer of AAA - it takes the pressure off if you know you have good marks in the bank allready.

I'm probably going to do some extra language revision - like get a GCSE German CD-ROM because I think it would be quite nice to have 100% at an A-level even if it is General Studies. Realistically I can't see me getting 100% again this year but its worth a shot.

Its a good conversation piece, I have also got Marx in my signature by the way. I'm not a communist though. However, I am very interested in communism and in particular Trotskyism. You a communist?

Communism?Communist?
haha~~~~~~~
maybe you would like to visit my motherland---P.R.China.^_^
Reply 28
androidkiller

You do know paper 4 has a foreign language don't you?

i did, but i forgot, and you just reminded me :s-smilie: dam it, learning french again should be 'interesting'
Reply 29
jinsisi
Communism?Communist?
haha~~~~~~~
maybe you would like to visit my motherland---P.R.China.^_^

Whats so funny? Do you care to share the 'joke'?
Reply 30
Anyone got an offer from the pool to come to Trinity?
Reply 31
JaF
Anyone got an offer from the pool to come to Trinity?

Apparently seer has.
Adhsur
Apparently seer has.

Your posts in response to Seer's offer from Trinity almost suggest that you think she is lying about being made an offer from Trinity from the pool without interview.......What is the "apparently" all about?
Reply 33
Mentally Ill
Your posts in response to Seer's offer from Trinity almost suggest that you think she is lying about being made an offer from Trinity from the pool without interview.......What is the "apparently" all about?

I always say apparently!!!! :smile: especially when referring to people i don't know well!
Reply 34
The tension in this room is so high you could slice it with a knife!
Reply 35
was thinking the very same myself.
Reply 36
Sup room
Howz it goin'
I have an AAA offer for CompSci, at Trinity.
I live in Dubai which is very far away. Should be interesting coming to live in England, i am english but ive lived here for 13 years now.
I thought my interview went pretty bad, made loads of mistakes in the interview with negatives and stuff, (but i did manage 6 and 2 half questions before the interview)

Nice results Android dude
i got:
300/300 Physics
195/200 Maths (only done 2 units)
293/300 Chem
256/300 Furma (resiting p4 got 76 messed up the exam)

Not quite as good but nearly

Good luck to those who have offers on getting your grades and same to those who haven't heard or got pooled.

Looking forward to next year
Later dudes, Ramsey :smile:
Reply 37
it's funny how trinity says that they have the highest international student ratio, yet no 'real' international student were admitted, except for UK citizens living abroad...
I know that there were some non-english people at the interview - there was this German guy who I'm sure will have got in - he was part of the winning team for an international physics competition where my tem didn't get past the first round - althoug my resentation went well. Also, I think he did about as well as me in the test.

I know what you mean though, there were lost of ex-patriots there.

Latest