The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Swayum
There are 3 LSE wide prizes for each year, but I think the economics department does something extra too (my friend got one for first year).

Yes they do, they gave out like 5 or 6 prizes for second years I think at the reception.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by danny111
Yes they do, they gave out like 5 or 6 prizes for second years I think at the reception.

Are the awards just for the best overall average?
Reply 162
Original post by Zürich
Are the awards just for the best overall average?

Not sure, I thought they were but I had a better average than my friend who got one and I didn't.
Hey guys, could someone help me figure out what the Cost: £650 (+VAT) means for tomorrow's Internship Fair event. I'm pretty certain that's not the entrance fee (if it is I'm cancelling my booking haha), so wth does it mean?
Reply 164
Original post by Oldboy5745
Hey guys, could someone help me figure out what the Cost: £650 (+VAT) means for tomorrow's Internship Fair event. I'm pretty certain that's not the entrance fee (if it is I'm cancelling my booking haha), so wth does it mean?

It's the cost that firms have to pay to be able to present themselves to students at the fair.
Original post by Swayum
It's the cost that firms have to pay to be able to present themselves to students at the fair.

Great, thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by Swayum

I saw you at the fair yesterday. I got in the lift with you and was right in front of you when we queued to get in :tongue:
Original post by Swayum

Hehe and I was the guy that came up to you in the JPM lobby :biggrin:
Hey guys.
I got an essay for the introduction to the legal system course. The question is 'what is law?' is easily resolved. Law is everything which appears in statutes and the judgments of the higher courts. Discuss.'
If anyone has done this in the past or is doing it now please help me.
Reply 169
Original post by Arakasi 2.0
I saw you at the fair yesterday. I got in the lift with you and was right in front of you when we queued to get in :tongue:

Ah I can't remember your face, but I remember getting some weird looks from you lol. You should have said something!

Original post by Oldboy5745
Hehe and I was the guy that came up to you in the JPM lobby :biggrin:

Oh right, the SP officer? Would never have guessed, tbh!
Original post by Swayum
Oh right, the SP officer? Would never have guessed, tbh!

Yup, that's me :biggrin: I tried saying that your identity had been exposed just before you went off to your friends hehe
You find the event useful?
Original post by Swayum
Ah I can't remember your face, but I remember getting some weird looks from you lol. You should have said something!

I felt awkward. How do you introduce yourself to someone you know from the internet? For some reason saying "I know you from TSR!" didn't sound quite right :redface:.

Plus, you looked quite nervous so I thought I'd spare you the intrusion.
(edited 13 years ago)
the library may be busy but the old building basement is quiet - apart from the dripping water sound
Reply 173
Original post by Livefortheday
apart from the dripping water sound

it urges me to pee :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
that's easy, there are toilets down for peeing :smile: and a super secret hidden computer room (i think.. never found it so far)
forgot to mention. there is one place in the library you can get a seat but you risk getting shouted at... 3rd floor, some phd students have their own permanent desk... sit there and take your chances
Reply 176
sorry to butt in, but can i ask are there any interesting LSE student blogs I can read?
Sorry to ask here but I'm looking to choose accomodation and all the accomodation threads have been useless. From a personal account, anyone has any idea on whether Rosebery Hall is in a relatively safe areas at night? It's a crucial deciding factor for me, as I guess I'll need to walk home/take a bus home late during Easter term.

Any ideas would be of help
Original post by ninanguyen
Sorry to ask here but I'm looking to choose accomodation and all the accomodation threads have been useless. From a personal account, anyone has any idea on whether Rosebery Hall is in a relatively safe areas at night? It's a crucial deciding factor for me, as I guess I'll need to walk home/take a bus home late during Easter term.

Any ideas would be of help

I used to live at Rosebery, it is relatively safe, particularly as the bus stop is right next to it. Also during clubbing nights, there are usually people milling around.
Reply 179
Hey guys, I've just finished up 1st year exams and am looking to get a headstart on 2nd year. Which textbook would you recommend for EC221?

The EC221 course guide says this:

The main text for the course is G S Maddala, Introduction to Econometrics, John Wiley or C Heij et al, Econometric methods with Applications in Business and Economics, Oxford University Press. Other useful texts include: W Greene, Econometric Analysis, Macmillan; J Johnston & J Dinardo, Econometric Methods, McGraw-Hill; D Gujarati, Basic Econometrics, McGraw-Hill; J Kmenta, Elements of Econometrics, Macmillan; M Stewart & K Wallis, Introductory Econometrics, Blackwell; J M Wooldridge, Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach, Thomson.

Do most people get the book by Maddala or C Heij et al?

Quick Reply

Latest