The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Chat Thread

I've just realised we don't really have a chat thread in here for us current students. The forum's pretty dead so I don't really expect people to use it, but I don't know, maybe it'll liven up if we all have a place to chat.

So term's starting soon - I'm quite excited to be honest :p:. I mean yeah, exam's in a month, but whatever. I wonder if Crush is still on in during May and June?

Anyone here on a committee for any societies?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:tumble: :biggrin:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I know, right? You guys are so lame.
Reply 3
people are busy in the library you know.

i will try to avoid that place completely til after exams.
Reply 4
It took me an HOUR to find a seat in the library today! It's ridiculously packed. No chance of working with a group of friends.
Reply 5
Library sucks for revision IMO, also it seems ALL revision lectures suck as well - until now I thought it was only the yr1 ones, but it seems the yr2 ones are pretty useless too.
Reply 6
Really? Iain Long's revision lecture today was really useful I thought - finally kind of understand Paasche index and stuff. Abstract was pointless for me since I'd already done the paper and knew how to do it all, but it's good because he went through questions for which there aren't official solutions available.
Reply 7
astudent
Library sucks for revision IMO, also it seems ALL revision lectures suck as well - until now I thought it was only the yr1 ones, but it seems the yr2 ones are pretty useless too.

what revision lecture did you have today?
Reply 8
danny111
what revision lecture did you have today?

same as you no? ec221
Reply 9
astudent
same as you no? ec221

oh right.

no, I didnt go. Im not gonna come in for a 6-7 lecture. had nothing else today.

but im glad i didn miss anything important.
If you arrive at LSE after about noon I think it's pretty pointless going to the library. Mid afternoon there are simply no seats available and people start sitting on the floor.

Revision lectures are alright. Long's lectures last year were probably the best. He explains Paasche/etc very well.

Classes are extremely annoying. Complete waste of time which simply gets in the way of good solid revision imo. In my experience there are two types of ST classes:

1. Those that clean up any stuff missed out in LT. Typically the week 10 homework. Distant memory and presented as new knowledge even though you're in the revision mindset.
2. Unplanned 'What don't you understand?' classes. Some girl asks a question about some fundamental concept which takes the teacher the whole hour to explain.
Reply 11
Sports Racer
If you arrive at LSE after about noon I think it's pretty pointless going to the library. Mid afternoon there are simply no seats available and people start sitting on the floor.

Revision lectures are alright. Long's lectures last year were probably the best. He explains Paasche/etc very well.

Classes are extremely annoying. Complete waste of time which simply gets in the way of good solid revision imo. In my experience there are two types of ST classes:

1. Those that clean up any stuff missed out in LT. Typically the week 10 homework. Distant memory and presented as new knowledge even though you're in the revision mindset.
2. Unplanned 'What don't you understand?' classes. Some girl asks a question about some fundamental concept which takes the teacher the whole hour to explain.

Yep completely agree with you about classes in the ST. I didnt go to any last year and Im not planning to go this year; especially as I waste 2hrs going to and back from lse - the opportunity cost is too high IMO :biggrin:
Reply 12
Our stats teacher has just cancelled our next 2 classes because he thinks they're pointless haha.

3 day weekend - gotta cram a lot!
Reply 13
Pulled a little over 6hrs today, personal best for this year :biggrin:
Reply 14
well done.

i managed 3 hours today so far.

there was just too much football on tv. no fair.
Reply 15
danny111
well done.

i managed 3 hours today so far.

there was just too much football on tv. no fair.

lol well i hate chelsea & man & loserfool u so i couldn't care less for the games :p:
Reply 16
what about the barca and real games?
Reply 17
danny111
what about the barca and real games?

dont follow the spanish league, but didnt only real have a game today ?

edit: real madrid i mean
Reply 18
astudent
dont follow the spanish league, but didnt only barca have a game today ?

ronaldo scored the winner for madird in the 89th minute. they were behind twice during the game.
astudent
I didnt go to any last year and Im not planning to go this year;

have you received the usual complain of two 'red' absences in a row from the SSC ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending