The Student Room Group

saturday afternoons at uni

this might be better in the student life section, so feel free to move it mods :smile:

basically, does alot happen on campus on a saturday during the day?
what do you get up to on a typical saturday?

i say this as i want a season ticket, for next season, but my dad is saying i'll want to be at uni all the time. i actually will live closer to the football team i support when i'm at uni, then i would do if i was at at home. and i currently do have a season ticket.

so yeah what's saturday's like on campus.
thanks for any info :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For all the mathematically literate,

pot noodle + a bash at the bishop = good time.
Reply 2
Sophie_10
this might be better in the student life section, so feel free to move it mods :smile:

i say this as i want a season ticket, for next season, but my dad is saying i'll want to be at uni all the time. i actually will live closer to the football team i support when i'm at uni, then i would do if i was at at home. and i currently do have a season ticket.

Better off supporting Reading than QPR :p:
Reply 3
Progashman
Better off supporting Reading than QPR :p:

haha, never! only the real super hoops for me :wink:
Reply 4
My college used to have quite a lot of its sport on Saturday afternoons. They either had training on a Wednesday afternoon, and a match on Saturday, or the otherway round. If you want to do sport, whatever kind, then it is likely to be on a Saturday.
Nothing happens.
A lot of people go home at my uni.
And for those who stay.. nothing goes on.
Wesssty
For all the mathematically literate,

pot noodle + a bash at the bishop = good time.

:rofl2:

You may have just decided what I'm going to eat today.

Spoiler

Sometimes people go out on Saturday night, but the city's overrun by lecherous men, and middle-aged women wearing clothes they shouldn't be wearing. :no: I think it's better (for the student's sake) to go out during the week, then chilling at the weekend. :yep:
My Saturday involves either sleeping in as much as possible so as much of the day will go as possible, or I go shopping and spend my student loan on clothes I dont need to console myself whilst I grow fatter and uglier from binge eating as there is nothing else to do. So yeah, get the season ticket.
Reply 8
Sophie_10

I've renewed my season ticket at Charlton even though I'll probably be at uni next year, just miss a match every now and then if there is something going on.
Reply 9
why don't wait and maybe get a half season ticket (if your club does these)
Nope most people do work.
Reply 11
noooooooooooooo many people have lie ins or go home
Reply 12
Get the season ticket, I had to give up my fulham season ticket to come to Uni and look how that's all panned out...

Anyway, Saturdays are ok, halls are quite lively, campus is dead and its just generally geared towards going out at night. Sundays are the WORST though, so dull...
get the season ticket if you really want it, if you can't go to some matches you can probably sell the ticket to somebody who wants to go it's what i did with mine, when i had cadets stuff on a match day
Reply 14
not much happens really at mine except that the student union has loads of drink offers in the evening. we spend most of our time sleeping, shopping or lounging around
I plan to spend it like my usual saturday: Sleeping in, playing guitar and lounging about. Might go home once or twice month though that'll likely change after a while.
saturday normally a day that starts with a hungover, chat with the housemate, watch shows we missed while out, and than bang hits 3pm and its time for football :p:
once he football done well you start getting in the mind set to go out all over again
Reply 17
Saturdays are normally a day where everyone gets up really late because the week was incredibly busy. People usually hang around in the day/sometimes go on day outs. Then people tend to do stuff in the evening.

Id say dont do it, as Saturdays tend to be necessary to relax.
Weekends are dead at uni, everything happens during the week.
Reply 19
Feesh
I've renewed my season ticket at Charlton even though I'll probably be at uni next year, just miss a match every now and then if there is something going on.

megangray92
get the season ticket if you really want it, if you can't go to some matches you can probably sell the ticket to somebody who wants to go it's what i did with mine, when i had cadets stuff on a match day

yeah, this is what i plan to do i think. get the season ticket, and if i don't go to the odd match, my brother can have it for one of his mates.

BlocFFC
Get the season ticket, I had to give up my fulham season ticket to come to Uni and look how that's all panned out...

this is my fear if i don't get a season ticket! qpr will suddenly become really good, and we'll run away with the league and get promoted!

Latest

Trending

Trending