The Student Room Group

Do you have to pay nursery fees in the summer holidays

Hi i am coming to the end of my first year and will be going in to my second year in October. I am currently pregnant and baby will be going to nursery in November. I will be applying for the childcare grant from Student finance, i understand that you can get up to 85% of childcare cost.

Does the amount you get depend on income.

Also what happens in the summer holidays, july to October. Do you still have to pay nursery fees, if your child does not go in these holidays. As someone i go to university with, says that Student finance will only pay towards childcare costs in term time and in the summer holidays, she has to pay for the nursery fees herself as the nursery does not allow for the break between July and October.
Reply 1
shoegirl12
Hi i am coming to the end of my first year and will be going in to my second year in October. I am currently pregnant and baby will be going to nursery in November. I will be applying for the childcare grant from Student finance, i understand that you can get up to 85% of childcare cost.

Does the amount you get depend on income.

Also what happens in the summer holidays, july to October. Do you still have to pay nursery fees, if your child does not go in these holidays. As someone i go to university with, says that Student finance will only pay towards childcare costs in term time and in the summer holidays, she has to pay for the nursery fees herself as the nursery does not allow for the break between July and October.

Hi, did you find out anything further about this?

Cheers
Reply 2
Hi,

I work in a Government Funded Nursery School & Children's Centre until i start Uni in Sept and you only pay For Summer holidays if you have an AYR (All Year Round) place. If you have a TTO (Term time Only) place you would not pay for holidays. It might be different if is a community or private nursery so if you know where you are going to put your child ask the nursery directly. Hope this helps.
Reply 3
Hi,i told student finance i needed help with childcare over the summer and they said they need a letter from childcare provider and myself saying i need help over the holidays or he might loose his place..still waiting to hear..fingers crossed xx
Reply 4
I spoke to student finance this morning and they said that they do pay for childcare during the holidays. They said that they pay you in three installments. As it will be a private nursery i think that it will be all year round. We are going to start looking at nurserys soon.
Reply 5
Hope it gets sorted out for you clair.

Latest

Trending

Trending