The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Lala29
Hi,

I am considering putting Leeds down as my first choice, but I am not really into clubbing, drinking etc.
I know Leeds is famous for nightlife, so I just wondered if any current students could tell me if I'd have trouble fitting in at Leeds ie. do most people go clubbing regularly, or are there those that don't?

Thanks!

i dont really know anything about leeds..but should "clubbing/drinking" really put you off your first choice??:s-smilie:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Lala29
Hi,

I am considering putting Leeds down as my first choice, but I am not really into clubbing, drinking etc.
I know Leeds is famous for nightlife, so I just wondered if any current students could tell me if I'd have trouble fitting in at Leeds ie. do most people go clubbing regularly, or are there those that don't?

Thanks!

Remember most students had only just turned 18, I had never been clubbing nor wanted to until I came here. But you know what its a great release and good fun, you get to share it with new friends its a great thing.

If its still not your thing, I suggest finding a residences where people do not like to do those things as much. Somewhere more homely get a studio or something you will still make friends just probably on your course not in your residences. Freshers is quiet an ugly thing if you dont take part in it, its where you make the friends for the year and thus miss out on those early friendships.

I know a place called CRM The Priory, that is like 2nd and 3rd years a few postgrads who do not party as much and also its an all studio building so you do not have any sharing, apart from a huge entertainment room and a huge study room. These people prefer the cheap pubs and a chat type of thing which is great too perhaps that is more appealing? You could just have a J20 and nice chat about various topics. Check out CRM priory get yourself a cheap studio there, because everyone is in studios everyone makes an effort to knock on everyones door.

If you live in a mixture of studio/cluster flats then the studios do get overlooked and you have to really push to get out there more. CRM Priory and all studio rooms, so everyone is in the same boat its on campus and a nice traditional building bills all in, everyone seems to know everyone and I spoke to a resident there they dont party all the time more on special occasions, but by no means are they social recluses just not enjoy the mob mad atmosophere of intense nightclubs. Lots of people there dont seem to give me the impression of enjoying clubbing and drinking either, but yet are still friendly and sociable. If you can afford that check it out. Its pretty cheap for studio prices.

Latest