The Student Room Group

Must have Uni buys! Lets make a list!

Scroll to see replies

I can tell that you're quite excited and so you should be but don't go mad with the spending early on. Buy things as you need them. A spending spree would be foolish. Learn from my mistake. :P
Reply 21
The only thing I've planned on buying so far is a glorious lean, mean.. fat grilling machine. Everything else will be a last-minute thought resulting in a manic rush.
Buy as you need. But radio maybe TV. Bed linen and sheets. Towels. Toileteries like tissues too. Toothpaste. Hairdryer. Your own set of plates, cups, cutlery. Cleaning products if you have your own en suite or if you don't, duster for your desk and shelves. Mini fridge is always a good thing as you don't want ppl stealing your food. Extra plugs as you can never have enough. Lamp for bedside table?
Reply 23
marijuanahero
Don't buy any cooking utensils or kitchenware. there's always like 100 of everything cos everyone brings it..

Yes, because everyone loves the sponger who uses everyone else's stuff. Way to make yourself popular in freshers'. :rolleyes:
Lizia
Yes, because everyone loves the sponger who uses everyone else's stuff. Way to make yourself popular in freshers'. :rolleyes:

most reasonable people don't give two hoots if you use a plate or whatever. they're not all anally retentive, you see. :yep:

i would argue if someone told you from across the kitchen, "that's MY spoon, put it down", that person probably isn't worth knowing.
Mattress topper!

Original post by xRoseberryx
Ok tsr...I start Edinburgh Uni in September. Ill have about £2500 to go on a spending spree before starting. Lets assume I have nothing. What stuff should I get?

Possible suggestions to give you an idea...

Iphone? GHDs? Laptop/notebook? Cooking equipment? What stationary is best? Any must have sports equipment? Specific clothes? coathangers????

Tell me what you wish you had bought before you started and all money went to nights out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending