The Student Room Group

a2 english literature revenger's tragedy and hamlet comparison

hi guys! i have to compare the revenger's tragedy to hamlet in my exam in the summer. currently im alright at hamlet, however my revenger's analysis is naff! seriously lacking in depth feelings and motives of characters, and their characterisation. any ideas?

also any good quotes citic quotes for revengers? iv looked everywhere and cant find any!
Original post by n03yeomana
hi guys! i have to compare the revenger's tragedy to hamlet in my exam in the summer. currently im alright at hamlet, however my revenger's analysis is naff! seriously lacking in depth feelings and motives of characters, and their characterisation. any ideas?

also any good quotes citic quotes for revengers? iv looked everywhere and cant find any!

Bump.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:smile:
Anyone?
A few from Revenger's that I've found - in the same situation as you!
-'oh, what grief tis, that a man should live but once in the world and then to live a bastard' Spruio, hating on being a bastard because he's basically a walking embodiment of corruption and immorality that's right at the heart of the state! Being the Duke's bastard and everything! Like in Hamlet, the whole body politic thing! Spurio's death would metaphorically lead to the state become pure and all that again!

-'all's as it should be, you are your self' Hippolito on seeing his brother, Vindice, undisguised for once! Links to the whole 'painted faces' motif in Hamlet about masks, Vindice violates the law and social norms whilst he's disguised to achieve revenge and seems to lose his own identity in the process. However he dies as Vindice, his true self!

'For since my worthy father's funeral, my life is unnatural to me'

'When the bad bleeds, then is the tragedy good'

'I'll be revenged for all' Spurio hating on life

'the falling of one head lifts up another' Ambitioso I love this quote! Links so well to Hamlet!!

'pray heaven their blood may wash away all treason' Antonio

Quick Reply

Latest