The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
twinkledust
hey, has anyone else not heard anything about it yet??? Cause i keep reading that people know where they are and am really starting to worry about it!

As far as i know, the only people on here that know already have unconditional offers (ie we're all on gap years and did our a levels last year!) so don't worry - the website says they send stuff out end of august beginning of september so you will hear soon.

If you are still worried, just ring the housing office and ask!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
I rung housing office and they said they'd only just begun processing this years students accomodation. Unfortuantely, most of Lewes COurt is already gone to those who deffered.
Reply 3
and i was so hoping for en-suite..... oh well :smile:
Reply 4
Did they say when they were hoping to let the peeps with conditional offers for oct 05 entry know? thanks :smile:
i got unconditional offer as applied after results and have been on gap year!suppose that is y i know where i am gonna be! tho i got friends at sussex already and they've said that overall the general scope of halls r gd!and all friendly!so i wouldnt worry!!
I don't know yet either, apparently those on insurance acceptance get the leftovers and unwanted dregs of all the firm acceptance peole.
Reply 7
Sussex was my first choice, and I haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 8
ayaan
I don't know yet either, apparently those on insurance acceptance get the leftovers and unwanted dregs of all the firm acceptance peole.

im screwed then lol, sussex was my insurance...
Reply 9
I wouldn't have thought insurance places would be any different especially as they said they'd only just started processing applications for housing and by that time you guys would have been offered Sussex. Guess we'll all find out soon enough anyway.
No they sort the firm people first, then we get all the rejects
Reply 11
Thats not very fair. Both my firm and insurance were with Sussex and I got the firm so I guess i'll be counted as a firm. Most of the halls are ok anyway so im sure you'll get a nice room anyway, and if not just make friends with the deffered students and spend all your time in Lewes Court!
sounds like a plan!
Except that I may not be on campus.
I don't know what I'll do if I get a shared room. I'm a very private person, bordering on anti-social, reallly.
Reply 13
i am free to be made friends with and i am in lewes court! only phase 1 though, you'd be better off using phase 2 people for their broadband!
Reply 14
Lol. Lewes Court 1 is still really nice! We'll all be knocking on your door!

When I phoned they said the only people off campus would be ones who put their forms in late. You can always put in a transfer request as well and im sure you wont have to share as most are single rooms i think and id imagine doubles would go to those that request it.
how late is late?!?! i posted mine quite late, but it was till before the deadline....is it just people who posted after the deadline who mite be off campus?

damn, im pretty sure wont get lewes court then, damn damn damn i really wanted broadband/ensuite!!!
Reply 16
Yeah don't worry its only people after the deadline.

I may be wrong about LC it jsut seems a lot of people on here have already got it and there are only 250 rooms in Phase 2. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
when we get told what accomodation were gettin will we get a list of stuff thats already there and stuff we need 2 take....like i dunno whether to bring a lamp, a duvet, etc etc...
also silly question but can we change the curtains...as long a we put the original ones bak when we leave...cos they look rank in all the pics, and i like my room to look pretty!!! heh heh im so lame!
Reply 18
Thats not lame, thats human (esp for girls). Can't see they'd have a problem with changing the curtains but I dont know.

Not sure what each room has a I didn't ever look round them, id imagine they'd send is a list. Im going to take a duvet anyway though. I think basic stuff is provided like desk, chair, notice board but not sure what else.
Reply 19
Dont know if this might help with some of the questions about what to take, taken from Sussex Uni website :smile:

Study Bedrooms
All bedrooms are equipped with a single bed, wardrobe, bookshelf, desk, chair, storage space and central heating. For details of other provisions in individual units see the section headed residential tour.

Kitchens
Kitchens are shared between groups of students. Cookers, fridge freezers, toasters, food storage/preparation space and dining areas are provided in all kitchens. Some kitchens are also provided with microwave ovens. Kitchens in the Brighthelm area are also supplied with washing machines and tumble dryers. Students will need to provide their own eating and cooking utensils.

Catering
All University accommodation is self-catering with cooking facilities in communal kitchens. All kitchens are fully furnished. If you prefer not to cook however, there are a number of places on the campus to eat at reasonable prices.

Shopping
The University campus is like a small village with two supermarkets, a newsagent, post office, chemist, health and dental services, bookshop and banking facilities. The main shopping centre of Brighton & Hove is only a few miles away by public transport from the campus.

Bed Linen
The University does not supply bed linen as students in the main prefer to bring their own. However a set of quality new bedding (including duvet, duvet cover, fitted bottom sheet, pillow case and pillow) can be purchased upon arrival for £30-£35. Alternatively, bedding can be hired for £10.00 per term.

Laundry
There is a central laundrette situated on the campus and laundry facilities are provided in the Brighthelm, and Lewes Court residences and in Kings Road and Holland House off campus

Telephones
All on-campus bedrooms have a telephone with an optional voicemail facility. In addition payphones are located both on and off campus in and around the student residences. It is therefore relatively easy to make contact with the students who are resident in University managed accommodation. However if necessary, parents and friends can leave urgent messages at the 24-hour reception, (01273) 678323.

Computer Links
There are no computer network points to residence rooms, however the on-campus bedroom telephones can support a modem link. In addition there is a computer suite (managed by the University Computing Service), located on the ground floor of York House, one of the Park Houses.

Latest