The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Mobile Phone Signal

Hi everyone.

I wonder if I could ask a random question? I have an unconditional offer from St Andrews which I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept. My mobile phone contract runs out very soon and i will be getting a new one and possibly changing network. I was just wondering if there were any networks that don't get particulalry good signal in St Andrews and if there are any that I should avoid for this reason?

Thanks
Reply 1
I believe vodafone, t mobile, tesco are all a bit **** in st a's. Orange and O2 are definetly the best two.

I was O2 and i got reception pretty much everywhere except my boyfriends flat in dra... now i'm orange and i get reception everywhere except my flat in dra...
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
The way the DRA buildings are designed and laid out makes it pretty difficult to get signal in most of them.

To add to your list of good providers, I've been with 3 for the past year and they're fine. Was with Virgin before (they use T-mobile's equipment) and they weren't as good as 3, but they're not terrible.
Reply 3
Oh no, I just renewed my Vodafone contract after being told by my parents "Ah, 3 have no reception anywhere" :frown:
Reply 4
KAH
OP
Thanks everyone - this is really helpful!

Latest

Trending

Trending