The Student Room Group

Timing for OCR Psychology A2 options paper (G543)

A question about the time for the options paper (health/crime/education/sport)

We do 2 of the 4 options
and there are 4 questions in each option
and we only do 2 questions from each option
so that's 4 questions total
each question is worth 25 marks
so that's 100 marks in a 90 minute paper
This already seems a little too much

Our teacher has been giving us timed questions
And even when we know what the questions are going to be, we barely have enough time to write enough to get the top bands
How will we possible have enough time to write that much in an exam where we'll need (realistically) a minute or so to decide what questions to do, and a minute or 2 to plan our answer

Is the exam really 90 minutes for both sections?
I have no idea how OCR want us to write as much as they have in their example answers :|
Reply 1
I need practice questions! COuld you PM them to me?
everyone in my class was saying that too.. we are doing the same paper (health and clinical and forensic) its ridiculous.. but if you think about it you would have revised it all by the exam so it will just come to you in that time limit!
Reply 3
In the actual exam though, it's fine. I did this paper in january and had 15 minutes left to check my answers, but in the mock only just finished in time. Don't worry about it, maybe just practice trying to write faster :smile:
Reply 4
OCR have extended the time for this exam :smile:We get 2 hours now
Reply 5
Does anyone know where I can find the June 2010 paper for G543? I cannot seem to find it on the OCR website.
Reply 6
Original post by Butterfly8
OCR have extended the time for this exam :smile:We get 2 hours now

Are you sure about that? My teacher said they extended the time to 2 hours, but on my exam timetable it still says 90 minutes.
Reply 7
Original post by Tzarchasm
Are you sure about that? My teacher said they extended the time to 2 hours, but on my exam timetable it still says 90 minutes.

I'm pretty sure. It says it on the OCR website somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending