Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

jean jackets

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What do you wear them with? They look wrong with jeans, and black trousers, and denim skirts....and loads of stuff! What do they go with?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing apparently :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    erm.. i dont wear them. but maybe a skirt thats not denim. or combats. thats all i can think of.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    they look okay with peasant/ summery skirts. but only okay. not the most inspired fashion choice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother with jean jackets.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    contrary, Denim jackes are one of those classic items that will never go out. You can wear them with almost anything.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    contrary, Denim jackes are one of those classic items that will never go out. You can wear them with almost anything.
    almost being the key word though - you can't really wear them with anything else that's denim. But they do look nice with skirts.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    oh i know the solution with this, we did a whole tingie on it.

You can, but say, you can wear a shade darker denim jacket with the shade lighter jeans, however, only somene who knows how to wear it can, you know what i mean?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    oh i know the solution with this, we did a whole tingie on it.

You can, but say, you can wear a shade darker denim jacket with the shade lighter jeans, however, only somene who knows how to wear it can, you know what i mean?
    I agree with you on the jean jacket being a classic must have, but only a real fashionista could successfully pull off double denim. I know I couldn't.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also commonly referred to as denim jackets
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwen)
    I agree with you on the jean jacket being a classic must have, but only a real fashionista could successfully pull off double denim. I know I couldn't.
    I do it all the time :p: I love denim, I think it's the Melbournite in me though, such a Melbourne thing to do. That and wear black, it never seems to go out of fashion back there :confused:

Over here in the ACT it's all 'surf stylee', not as much denim, and more variety which can be cool. However I have to say, you can take the girl out of Victoria, but you can't take the Victorian out of the girl

Gwen, a PM being sent your way!

DB_x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    they came back like 2 years ago, but then people started wearing the same colour jeans and denim jackets, and it looked like a blue suit. im not sure how good they look if ur going out clubbin, but they are good with casual stuff
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey..I was thinking of starting a thread like this because I've got the same problem.

I've got a denim jacket that I love but its been lying in my closet for ages...I wear it with a blue skirt that I've got...and that's about it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    I do it all the time :p: I love denim, I think it's the Melbournite in me though, such a Melbourne thing to do. That and wear black, it never seems to go out of fashion back there :confused:

Over here in the ACT it's all 'surf stylee', not as much denim, and more variety which can be cool. However I have to say, you can take the girl out of Victoria, but you can't take the Victorian out of the girl

Gwen, a PM being sent your way!

DB_x
    Mmmm....well....I may be willing to make an exception, seeing as you're so special and all. :p: And because it's just 'such a Melbourne thing to do'.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    What do you wear them with? They look wrong with jeans, and black trousers, and denim skirts....and loads of stuff! What do they go with?
    I think they go with everything. I have a jeans jacket that matches a pair of miss sixty jeans, so I wear my jeans jacket with that. It also goes will with brown cords and trousers and my summer skirts and white summer trousers...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A classic item, if you have a good cut one you can wear it all the time and when they come back into fashion (which they do every 2 years or so really) they rock. I wear mine with plain trousers for going out or non-denim skirts but I have a cord jacket at the mo which I usually wear otherwise.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wear them when you go out clubbing then put them in the cloakrooms, they keep you warm without making you look like you're wearing a sleeping bag.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i wear them with anything, great with combats or cords for uni or shoping or somethinh or over whatever you're wearing to go out in (so over a skirt or whatever). ohh and they're great with a nice pretty scarf when it's a bit colder

lou xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally not a fan of denim jackets but I definitely do not like them when they're worn with other denim clothes :|

I think they can look alright with skirts though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is bringing back memories of the F.C.U.K. denim jacket obsession a couple of years ago...
Updated: August 25, 2005
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.