The Student Room Group

Pharmacy conversion course

Hello,

I just wandered are there any pharmacy conversion courses/graduate entry courses that exist, just like graduate Medicine, where you already have a degree in another discipline.

Thanks
Reply 1
Touchstone57
Hello,

I just wandered are there any pharmacy conversion courses/graduate entry courses that exist, just like graduate Medicine, where you already have a degree in another discipline.

Thanks

Hi, as far as I'm aware, no such course exists. I did a first degree in biology and i'm now starting a Pharmacy course in September.
Reply 2
Pharmacy is a full time course for four years, (or five years for the sandwich course). Regardless of your level of education, you have to start from year one.
Reply 3
Yes, afraid so. The only way you can do it is as a graduate course is if you do it in certain countries in Europe or across the pond, where pharmacy is always a graduate course.
On a case by case basis graduates are allowed direct entry into 2nd year of the Mpharm course in Aberdeen granted their degree is in a relevant area. It is pretty rare though, for example I've only ever heard of it happening for two people while I've been studying here.

If you're interested give me a PM and i'll give you some contact details.

Kind regards.
Reply 5
Hi just graduated in pharm science with a 2:2 at greenwich but previously studied pharmacy for 2 years at central lancashier. But pharm science jobs are rare and I was wondering if its possible to re-enter pharmacy maybe in third year as I completed most modules in pharmacy 2yr and pharm science 3rd.
Reply 6
Original post by Caponester
On a case by case basis graduates are allowed direct entry into 2nd year of the Mpharm course in Aberdeen granted their degree is in a relevant area. It is pretty rare though, for example I've only ever heard of it happening for two people while I've been studying here.

If you're interested give me a PM and i'll give you some contact details.

Kind regards.

Can you give me the details please???
Hi there
I have graduated a 3years pharmacy assistant course in Romania, in a European recognized university.
What courses do I need to follow so I could work in UK as a pharmacy assistant?
I mention that I've already equivaleted my degree with NARIC.
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending