The Student Room Group

Exam preparation . .

I have an exam in just under 2 weeks . . I started the revision, but I literally have no idea which way to go with it! It is a seen paper, so I have the Q's and I have chosen the 2 Qs I am going to answer.

Now my dilemma is - how and where the heck do I start this damn thing??? . . . :/ I am currently flicking through books and internet searching but im like :s-smilie: with it!.

So I am after abit of advice - what is the best way to revise for a seen exam? How do YOU revise? . . .really would appreciate some tips, tricks that you use to help revise for your exam.

:smile:
Are they like essay questions? I'd just write an essay plan and then learn it by heart, then practise writing it.
Zebrastripes
Are they like essay questions? I'd just write an essay plan and then learn it by heart, then practise writing it.

Yes they are essay like questions; 1 is theoretical and the other is lil a question but then it's left open to interpretation sorta thing . . .

My plan was to plan it, find the necessary bits, write it, learn it by heart and then regurgitate it in the exam . . apparently tht is not the way to go but I did it in my first year and I passed . .so it can't be that bad a method . . right?
wow it's seen? that's soooo easy, you should have no probs at all!

wish we had those on my course, would cut the work down by 90%

what does the OP study?
Jesus, exam preparation for a seen exam. Rofl, if only I could be that lucky... :rofl:
:ditto:
Reply 6
These exist?

That exam is basically testing how well you can remember a pre-written essay.
Oh how I wish I could see the papers for my Law exams commencing in two weeks time.

OP, I hope you are trolling. Please.
DancinBallerina
My plan was to plan it, find the necessary bits, write it, learn it by heart and then regurgitate it in the exam . .so it can't be that bad a method . . right?

Its what I did for my first Company Law paper which was seen and two essay questions. Did the reading (attended the lectures and tutes basically, moreso than any other subject), did a bit more reading after the paper was released, came up with the essay plans (at 3am on the day of the exam), got up at 7am to give them a frantic memorising, and then spent some time in the exam scribbling them out and writing some answers. Got me 67%, and that was without doing it to the best I knew I could.

I have one more seen paper, its my last exam and I have a week and half for it, compared to my other five exams which are more crammed towards the beginning of May.
So when my other exams are over, I'm going to do with this other seen paper what I originally had planned for the Company one.
That is, read, but do detailed drafts of my answers, and give myself about 3 days to learn them word for word. That way I should score a bit higher this time.
Reply 9
Lucky you!
I'd consult with an expert in the field, get their ideas and learn them by heart.
Bubbles*de*Milo
Jesus, exam preparation for a seen exam. Rofl, if only I could be that lucky... :rofl:

ya, if I had seen exams I would just be partying all the time, life would be great, would be getting 1sts with no effort or knowledge about my subject :p:

OP you have no idea wht the rest of us have to go through when we "prepare" :eek:

i'd hate to think what you would be like if you had to do normal exams:woo:

calm down, your on easy street compared to most of us:yep:
Robert Paulson
Oh how I wish I could see the papers for my Law exams commencing in two weeks time.

OP, I hope you are trolling. Please.

Nope not trolling . . just after some ideas on how best to go about it! I am not an exam person.
Bongboy6969
ya, if I had seen exams I would just be partying all the time, life would be great, would be getting 1sts with no effort or knowledge about my subject :p:

OP you have no idea wht the rest of us have to go through when we "prepare" :eek:

Wtf are you talking about? 'you have no idea what the rest of us go through'....she's only talking about one of her exams here.
God, I have two seen papers in my final year but they're the only two out of my whole degree, and it'd be none if it weren't for the fact that's just how those two electives are assessed.
Have you ever actually got a first? If so you'd realise you're chatting ******** about getting one 'with no effort or knowledge'.
Go take your **** elsewhere, yeah? Most people are not very calm before exams, even for those who normally do better in them than coursework.
Bongboy6969

This is the first seen exam I have ever done . . . .I have done unseen exams before so I understand fully how you all feeling @ this moment in time . . .I know I have an ''easy'' ride . . .was just after some tips, that's all!
Reply 14
I just plan to learn it off by heart.
*Star*Guitar*
Wtf are you talking about? 'you have no idea what the rest of us go through'....she's only talking about one of her exams here.
God, I have two seen papers in my final year but they're the only two out of my whole degree, and it'd be none if it weren't for the fact that's just how those two electives are assessed.
Have you ever actually got a first? If so you'd realise you're chatting ******** about getting one 'with no effort or knowledge'.
Go take your **** elsewhere, yeah? Most people are not very calm before exams, even for those who normally do better in them than coursework.

Every time I see you post you seem extremely aggressive. Take a chill pill.
Robert Paulson
Every time I see you post you seem extremely aggressive.

Yeah because I mostly post at about 2/3am, when people are most likely to post stuff that's stupid and annoys me.
*Star*Guitar*

is it that time of the month again? :p:

seriously chill out, you have two seen exams, you hav nothing to worry about! :biggrin:

I intended no offense to the OP, dancin ballerina is a really sweet poster whom i've spoken to on the disso thread.

I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just trying to calm her down my looking at other peoples situation and realising she didn't have it sooo bad.

I think that's better then scaring her even more.

Sheesh! People on TSR attack you, just because you don't give the exact same advice they would give, get over it!

maybe I don't have as much time to give as good advice as star guitar because my exams aren't seen? (yes im joking, calm down and get a sense of humour for pete's sake!)

Latest

Trending

Trending