The Student Room Group
Reply 1
well UCL is obviously the most prestigious overall. dont know about for chemical engineering. but i would go UCL from prestige point of view.

but its in London - is that a pro or a con for you?

dont know much about the other two.
Reply 2
My friend does MechEng at Luf, he loves it
U C L
ucl then loughborough insurance.....
Reply 5
Its funny how some medicine and business guys write in a forum they have no idea about...Loughborough - firm, UCL - insurance if you want to live outside London and want to stay in the UK. In any other case, the opposite.
Reply 6
Ermmm i am not an expert in this subject...but I have a friend who used to do Chem Engineering in UCL and changed to Surrey because he didnt like the modules they taught or something....so maybe look at that :confused:
ucl firm ans loughborough insurance
Reply 8
danny111
well UCL is obviously the most prestigious overall. dont know about for chemical engineering. but i would go UCL from prestige point of view.

but its in London - is that a pro or a con for you?

dont know much about the other two.

I ask around, and most of them said engineering in general is not UCL's strength(same goes to Bath for chemical engineering). I do like London though but the cost living is expensive. Loughborough on the other hand is very good at not just chemical engineering but other engineering fields as well(not to mention the sports). The cost of living in Loughborough is a lot cheaper too. The reason why I am still considering UCL is because as you said it's prestigious.

Latest