The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Starting AA100 in October 2010 anyone else??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ian Ayris
I'm beginning the AA100 in October and received my finance forms yesterday. Hopefully, shouldn't be too soon for yourself, if you haven't got them already.

All the best everyone on the course. Best of luck to you all :smile:

Ian

Hi Ian, it looks like an interesting course doesn't it? I'm still waiting for them to process my forms :yep: I'm trying not to be too impatient LOL

Good luck to you too,

Emma.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 21
Hiya, I'm beginning in October too! Along with Beginners French and Beginners Italian. I registered for the courses late last year and have finally got it all sorted... grant went through last month, I got my login info for the OU StudentHome and the "acceptance" letters a fortnight ago. Bought my books on the reading list for the course off Amazon and they arrived last week, had a flick through them, really interesting (and being from Amazon also massive bargain :biggrin:). Can't wait to get started on Doctor Faustus!
Anyone else heard back yet? Still waiting...
Reply 23
miss-x
Hiya, I'm beginning in October too! Along with Beginners French and Beginners Italian. I registered for the courses late last year and have finally got it all sorted... grant went through last month, I got my login info for the OU StudentHome and the "acceptance" letters a fortnight ago. Bought my books on the reading list for the course off Amazon and they arrived last week, had a flick through them, really interesting (and being from Amazon also massive bargain :biggrin:). Can't wait to get started on Doctor Faustus!

Hi, wow you're going to be busy lol Sounds like you are all organised though :biggrin:

Inksplodge: Still waiting too :frown: They received my forms back on may 4th, hopefully we'll hear soon (fingers crossed)

Emma
3MK
Hi, wow you're going to be busy lol Sounds like you are all organised though :biggrin:

Inksplodge: Still waiting too :frown: They received my forms back on may 4th, hopefully we'll hear soon (fingers crossed)

Emma

Really hope so, I'm feeling so impatient and I want to start nooow lol. Anyone have any plans for courses they'regoing to do alongside AA100, or afterwards? :smile:
Reply 25
inksplodge
Really hope so, I'm feeling so impatient and I want to start nooow lol. Anyone have any plans for courses they'regoing to do alongside AA100, or afterwards? :smile:

I'm the same, as soon as I decided I wanted to do the course, I wanted to start straight away! I'm hoping to work toward the English language and literature degree so I'm fairly sure which others I will take. I'm just going to do AA100 on it's own for now though and see how I go as I haven't studied for a very long time. That's why I've just ordered the arts study guide so that I might have half a clue as to what I'm meant to be doing lol

How about you? :smile:
3MK
I'm the same, as soon as I decided I wanted to do the course, I wanted to start straight away! I'm hoping to work toward the English language and literature degree so I'm fairly sure which others I will take. I'm just going to do AA100 on it's own for now though and see how I go as I haven't studied for a very long time. That's why I've just ordered the arts study guide so that I might have half a clue as to what I'm meant to be doing lol

How about you? :smile:

I'm hoping to go for a literature degree butttt I am kind of leaning towards lit/lang too. But my experience with A level english lang kind of put me off :rolleyes: I'm just doing AA100 for the time being, see how we go, but if it goes well and I can handle it I may sign up for A207 feb start... but hum! We'll see.

I haven't studied for a year so it's not too bad but I think I'll find it hard to get back into the routine of doing written work. I can hardly remember how to spell my name... :tongue: (I kid, but you know what I mean!)
Reply 27
inksplodge
I'm just doing AA100 for the time being, see how we go, but if it goes well and I can handle it I may sign up for A207 feb start... but hum! We'll see.

Ah cool :biggrin: I did look at that course when I was choosing, it sounds really interesting but so many do. That was the hardest bit for me, there are just too many I would like to do!
:woo: My funding came through this morning! I'm so happy I did a little happy dance lol I registered online just a moment ago so once that updates I should be already to go!
3MK
Ah cool :biggrin: I did look at that course when I was choosing, it sounds really interesting but so many do. That was the hardest bit for me, there are just too many I would like to do!
:woo: My funding came through this morning! I'm so happy I did a little happy dance lol I registered online just a moment ago so once that updates I should be already to go!

Ah I know :biggrin: I don't know how strict they are with taking other modules outside the lit/lang thingy but a few others interest me, maybe a beginner's language :biggrin:

Still haven't heard about mine :cry: I still need to send my DSA form away and I can't do it until I'm registered on the course! Blargh.
Reply 29
inksplodge
Still haven't heard about mine :cry: I still need to send my DSA form away and I can't do it until I'm registered on the course! Blargh.

You put your forms in about the same time as I did didn't you? Hopefully you should hear soon, maybe today if you haven't already :smile: It seems odd that you can't send both lots of forms off together, then you'd only have to wait on one decision.

Emma.
3MK
You put your forms in about the same time as I did didn't you? Hopefully you should hear soon, maybe today if you haven't already :smile: It seems odd that you can't send both lots of forms off together, then you'd only have to wait on one decision.

Emma.

No letter today either... blah! I might drop them another email next week if I haven't heard by Wednesday.
Gawd, if it isn't here tomorrow I'm definitely e-mailing. Bored now, I just want to know I am registered etc. I also want to start now :frown: :frown: What parts of the course are people looking forward to the most?
Reply 32
inksplodge
Gawd, if it isn't here tomorrow I'm definitely e-mailing. Bored now, I just want to know I am registered etc. I also want to start now :frown: :frown: What parts of the course are people looking forward to the most?

Have you heard anything yet? :confused: Hope you hear back soon, it drives you crazy waiting.

I'm not sure which bit I'm looking forward to the most, it seems to cover so much! So far, the only bits I'm not sure if I'll enjoy are poetry (too many people insisting you read their poetry and tell them what you think over the years has scared me off I think LOL) and possibly Cezanne but I'm hoping that will change :smile:

Anyone else?:biggrin:
3MK
Have you heard anything yet? :confused: Hope you hear back soon, it drives you crazy waiting.

I'm not sure which bit I'm looking forward to the most, it seems to cover so much! So far, the only bits I'm not sure if I'll enjoy are poetry (too many people insisting you read their poetry and tell them what you think over the years has scared me off I think LOL) and possibly Cezanne but I'm hoping that will change :smile:

Anyone else?:biggrin:

Yeah I did, they rejected it because my teacher had written her title as 'lecturer' (as that is her official position at my previous college) and apparently lecturers aren't qualfied teachers... so I have to have the piece of paper resigned with 'qualified teacher' written on it, which she is. What a bloody hassle!!! :mad: haha.

I am a bit iffy with poetry but I started to like it when I did it at A level... Not sure if I will like what is in AA100 but we'll see :biggrin:
Reply 34
inksplodge
Yeah I did, they rejected it because my teacher had written her title as 'lecturer' (as that is her official position at my previous college) and apparently lecturers aren't qualfied teachers... so I have to have the piece of paper resigned with 'qualified teacher' written on it, which she is. What a bloody hassle!!! :mad: haha.

I am a bit iffy with poetry but I started to like it when I did it at A level... Not sure if I will like what is in AA100 but we'll see :biggrin:

You must of been cross :mad: I know I would be. That's a ridiculous reason....plus I can't get my head around why a lecturer isn't a qualified teacher :s-smilie: LOL

That's what I'm hoping with the poetry side, that understanding it more might make me appreciate it better.....maybe LOL
3MK
You must of been cross :mad: I know I would be. That's a ridiculous reason....plus I can't get my head around why a lecturer isn't a qualified teacher :s-smilie: LOL

That's what I'm hoping with the poetry side, that understanding it more might make me appreciate it better.....maybe LOL

Yeah I know, I thought you had to be a qualified teacher but :s-smilie: weird!

Maybe! I disliked a lot of Wordsworth poems at A level - I understood them, I just didn't like them :biggrin:
Reply 36
inksplodge
Yeah I know, I thought you had to be a qualified teacher but :s-smilie: weird!

Maybe! I disliked a lot of Wordsworth poems at A level - I understood them, I just didn't like them :biggrin:

LOL Well I can hope. I'll be ordering the books soon and will have a look, might be lucky. I know you don't really have to like them....but it's got to help!
:s-smilie:portingbard: Anyone living in or near Northampton, starting the AA100 Course in October 2010, please get in touch. [email protected]
Still waiting!! Ahhhh. And I've got a report to read from the disability support dept but because I STILL DON'T HAVE A LOG IN :mad: I can't read it. :tongue:
Reply 39
inksplodge
Still waiting!! Ahhhh. And I've got a report to read from the disability support dept but because I STILL DON'T HAVE A LOG IN :mad: I can't read it. :tongue:

Still waiting? :eek:

Did you ever try that 'forgot my password' thing using your PI?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending