The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
The site itself is secure and it is only about 5 minutes away from the university so its not like in the middle of nowhere, it's the closest hall to a 'dodgy' area so at night walking down the path immediately leading to the hall would be the only dodgy thing. University security are aware of the concerns there, its not like you're living in the ghetto, just slightly more security concerns there than campus/Headingley ones which are pretty safe.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for that, just i'm a bit of a wuss! will stock up on pepper spray!:biggrin:
The single biggest safety tip I would give in Leeds, especially to girls, is when you're on your own, don't walk down the street talking on your mobile phone. Some girls are incapable of walking anywhere without going on their phone, its like they feel they have to use every spare minute they have to talk on their phone. Some girls are so LOUD as well, especially the posh rah girls (which is an advert that you are not from Leeds and thus not streetwise).

Many a time Ive walked back from town, either in a dusky evening or at night, and there will be a girl 20 yards ahead talking on her phone and you can hear all the "Oh my God and he was LITERALLY STOOD RIGHT BY ME AT THE BAR...." inane chat, its just an advert for any mugger that this is an easy snatch, just run up behind her, grab it and run off.
Reply 4
Presume you talking about phone grabbing and not actual girls:p:
Thanks will bear it in mind.
Reply 5
MagicNMedicine
The single biggest safety tip I would give in Leeds, especially to girls, is when you're on your own, don't walk down the street talking on your mobile phone. Some girls are incapable of walking anywhere without going on their phone, its like they feel they have to use every spare minute they have to talk on their phone. Some girls are so LOUD as well, especially the posh rah girls (which is an advert that you are not from Leeds and thus not streetwise).

Many a time Ive walked back from town, either in a dusky evening or at night, and there will be a girl 20 yards ahead talking on her phone and you can hear all the "Oh my God and he was LITERALLY STOOD RIGHT BY ME AT THE BAR...." inane chat, its just an advert for any mugger that this is an easy snatch, just run up behind her, grab it and run off.

"Inane chat." Lmao.

MNM, you're absolutely spot on with this post.
I've lived in Leeds all my life and have to chuckle at the naivety of some students who come up from their little hamlets in Hertfordshire and are totally devoid of any common sense when it comes to living in inner city urban areas. If you walk down the street in a self-absorbed daze, parading your expensive accoutrements such as i-pods and mobiles, you are pleading to be robbed, or worse.
Reply 6
The area isn't even that bad; just use your common sense for safety and you will be fine there.

Latest