The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Nope. Never worked for me.
I just concentrate on revising the subject that's just before my exam.
Reply 2
Not for me they are just guilt trips
Reply 3
Ahh okay, thank you!
I'll just have to go with what I feel like :p:
They can be a good starting point but they need some flexibility built in to allow for topics that take longer than expected to cover. Otherwise you just get fed up that you can't keep to schedule which doesn't help you really. Good luck with your revision :smile:
No. I've had one made since March. Have I done any revision? No. I have a French oral next week. It's on my timetable to prep for it. Have I done anything for it? No. Imo, I think they're a complete waste of time you could otherwise spend revising, if you'll revise, you don't really need a timetable for it.
Reply 6
If time is short it is best to plan but my learning style is more goal orientated rather than sticking to a timetable.
No, unless you're incredibly disciplined and motivated, two things I have never been and probably never will be. Just revise when you want/need to.
Nope, I've never felt the need to plan revision. If I know I can't do something, I just sort it out then and there.
Reply 9
dothestrand
No, unless you're incredibly disciplined and motivated, two things I have never been and probably never will be. Just revise when you want/need to.

Disciplined and motivated: two things I am not!
Guess I wasted my time making the timetable then :p:
Yes, if you make them work. It's pointless making one if you're not going to stick to it, so don't let other things distract you from following it through.
No, they do not, don't waste your time making one. I've made one every year from year 7. to this day not followed it. Usually RTs are for dumb people.
Reply 12
Depends if you stick to them and can concentrate. I had problems sticking to mine and even though I have been told to for my AS's I haven't made one

Latest