The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
There's a Sainsbury's, Co-op, Spar and other Tescos on the edge of the city centre and a Tesco Express on Bond Street in the city centre.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
there's a morrisons in the city centre or near it at least.

so important especially when they do 'buy one get two free' crazy deals on pasta and stuff! :biggrin:
betty2505
Hi there, Ive just firmed Leeds for Sept and Im not really very familar with the city.
I was wondering what are the main big supermarkets in Leeds city centre? Is there a big Sainsburys or Tesco?
Im looking to rent a flat in the city centre and was wondering what will close by.

The biggest is Morrisons which is part of the Merrion Centre. Also a big Sainsbury's just next to the St John's Centre. Can never remember the street names, but they're both right in the centre.
Reply 4
West Yorkshire is covered in Morrisons. There are more Morrisons in WY than the rest of the country combined. Fact.

There is a Sainsbury's as well.
Reply 5
barrze
West Yorkshire is covered in Morrisons. There are more Morrisons in WY than the rest of the country combined. Fact.

There is a Sainsbury's as well.

Lol, that isn't true. There are a lot of Morrisons stores in West Yorkshire, but not more than the rest of the country combined. Morrisons has 420 stores, so there's 211 in West Yorkshire? Hmmmm
Reply 6
89sr11
Lol, that isn't true. There are a lot of Morrisons stores in West Yorkshire, but not more than the rest of the country combined. Morrisons has 420 stores, so there's 211 in West Yorkshire? Hmmmm

What?!
You trying to argue with my statistics boy?
Reply 7
Ohh thanx for the replies. Im from N.Ireland, we dont have a Morrsions over here... and now Im starting to realise how sad this is, Im getting excited over a new supermarket!
Reply 8
betty2505
Ohh thanx for the replies. Im from N.Ireland, we dont have a Morrsions over here... and now Im starting to realise how sad this is, Im getting excited over a new supermarket!

Going to Leeds was my first experience of Morrisons. It is very exciting.
I'm off to Morrisons tonight - need owt picking up? :p:
Reply 10
Even worse, I work at morrisons. Specifically on the chicken counter, good times.
Reply 11
TomH999
Even worse, I work at morrisons. Specifically on the chicken counter, good times.

I work at Morrisons too! On Wines and Spirits though, not great.
Reply 12
89sr11
I work at Morrisons too! On Wines and Spirits though, not great.

Pay is good on a sunday though :smile:
Reply 13
Morrisons is a Bradford company, and was a locally based, lower end supermarket chain until the demise of Safeways created an opportunity for expanision around seven years ago. That's why it has a strong presence in the West Riding.

The supermaket chain Asda is a Leeds company which became part of the American Wal-Mart family around the same time.
Reply 14
barrze
What?!
You trying to argue with my statistics boy?

LOL :biggrin:
For those that live in Burley in their 2nd/3rd year, there's also a super cheap Netto

Latest